Man loses 150k to Nigerian Scam

Leamington man loses $150,000 in Nigerian scam

By Trevor Wilhelm, The Windsor StarJanuary 14, 2009

Leamington man loses $150,000 in Nigerian scam

Obviously this man is well below average inteliigence, and I do think "What an idiot, how could you be sooooo stupid?", but I also feel a little bad for him, maybe because I don't think supid people have much of a choice?

WOW, so stupid though.

sstar

Comments

• sstar wrote: »
    Obviously this family has well below average inteliigence,

sstar

fyp. The whole family was with stupid, greedy or both.

or maybe he's running a scam ;)

btw, the numbers in the article don't add up
  • I think I played this tool at 100max nl. VPIP100%, PF% 0, WTSD 100%

419Eater.com best website ever.
  • Sometimes people's greed outstrips their brains.
  • moose wrote: »

419Eater.com best website ever.

Ain't it? The shit they can get these scammers to do is funnny
  • this kid met up with people and the FBI can't do it to get these scams stopped...geez...
  • Hmm...interesting. I was unaware the FBI could arrest people in the UK and then unilaterally extradite a Nigerian to the US in order to protect a Canadian.

Reminds me of the joke where an Irishman, an Australian and the Pope were in this airplane...
  • moose wrote: »
    Hmm...interesting. I was unaware the FBI could arrest people in the UK and then unilaterally extradite a Nigerian to the US in order to protect a Canadian.

Reminds me of the joke where an Irishman, an Australian and the Pope were in this airplane...

Only the CIA can do that :)
  • I know a guy here at work who fell for another Nigerian scam. I remember him telling us all about it like we'd understand. What ever shred of respect I had left for him at that point was completely gone.
  • The Nigerian guys must have been thinking... "I knew sending out 10 billion emails would get us at least one stupid idiot with money"
  • I read this story on yahoo. Said that he borrowed all kinds of money from his friends and family. Don't know if he will ever get to pay them back either. This was pretty stupid though. Feel sorry for him though.

I get these kinds of emails every single day saying I just came into alot of money. Im sure the rest of you get these same kinds of emails too.
  • He should have signed up for a "Stupid gullible Person training course, Only $4000"
  • He should have signed up for a "Stupid gullible Person training course, Only $4000"

That just gave me a good idea... how about a course on how not to get ripped off in life, and charge $1000 for a 4 hour session ;)
  • Can we use cpf bux to pay? ;)
  • Graham wrote: »
    That just gave me a good idea... how about a course on how not to get ripped off in life, and charge $1000 for a 4 hour session ;)

Hey stop undercutting me....