Quick Tourney Reviews from Vegas.

Played both the Wynn and Hard Rock deep stack events when I was there in December.

The Wynn - $160 buy in, 10,000 TC, 30 minute levels.

Really well run tournament in a beautiful poker room. It's exactly the sort of room I would want if I could have a room. Nice art, great service from beautiful women, and just down the hall from the Ferrari dealership.

The downside was that there were very few players, about 20, and fully 9 of them were from Vancouver. A friend of mine ended up taking this one down for about 1400 US.

Hard Rock - $120 buy in, 12,000 TC!!!, 30 minute levels.

This new room at the rock is truly amazing, great decor, great music, and the corridor outside is wall to wall with amazing women, and some of the most amazing douchebags you could ever have the pleasure of making fun of.

If I saw one more pair of distressed jeans, I would have puked.

The Tourney itself was almost too deep, and you could actually visibly see the boredom growing on the faces of the tourists as they widened their range more and more. I was card dead most of the tourney, and luckily started picking up hands toward the end.

We got 4 handed and chopped for $500 a piece. Everyone taking down second place money. We came to that decision after determining that we were all within about 3000 chips of each other, all holding more than 80,000 with blinds of 500-1000 with a 200 ante.

At any rate, this tourney also suffered from pretty low attendance. I really hope the action picks up there as it's a truly beautiful room.

Comments

• StinkyFingers and I should have skipped Caesars Palace and Venetian in December and gone to Wynn instead for the great service from beautiful women! >:D
    dinobot wrote: »
    great service from beautiful women
    We noticed Hard Rock Cafe's new deepstack tournament in December and it is currently among the top four best regular tournaments to play in Las Vegas, along with the 3 other rooms mentioned before.