Bad day so far? lol

1- We woke up an hour late (no idea why the alarm didn't work)
2- I killed one of my contact lenses... oops, I don't have ANY left.
3- I can't see shit at work. I had to reduce my screen resolution to 1024x768 ...
4- I can't regocnize people... I see "shapes"
5- I have to wait till lunchtime to get to the eye doctor and get a "temporary" pair cuz I haven't had an exam in over 2 years so they can't sell me a year prescription ! ARGHHH
6- Developping headache from my inability to see properly :(

Comments

• 15 hrs of car pain:

1. Start car - coolant light on. Damn. I just topped up on the w/e so I must have a coolant leak.
    2. Drop keys - break car remote.
    3. Car is hot obv when I return home so I can't top up coolant.
    4. Wife is away so I have to drag kid to day care before work.
    5. Start car - coolant light on. Damn. Can't drive w/o coolant so waste time refilling car.
    6. Turn on radio - 5 accidents in area. Of course, one accident btwn home and daycare. Another accident btwn daycare and work. No choice really on route to daycare/work so I have to suffer while everyone gawks at accidents.
    7. 30 min late for work.
    8. I hate cars.
  • moose wrote: »
    15 hrs of car pain:

1. Start car - coolant light on. Damn. I just topped up on the w/e so I must have a coolant leak.
    2. Drop keys - break car remote.
    3. Car is hot obv when I return home so I can't top up coolant.
    4. Wife is away so I have to drag kid to day care before work.
    5. Start car - coolant light on. Damn. Can't drive w/o coolant so waste time refilling car.
    6. Turn on radio - 5 accidents in area. Of course, one accident btwn home and daycare. Another accident btwn daycare and work. No choice really on route to daycare/work so I have to suffer while everyone gawks at accidents.
    7. 30 min late for work.
    8. I hate cars.

The Gremlin isn't quite the car it used to be.
  • My Dad owned a Pacer. Worst car ever.
    My Dad owned a Pacer. Worst car ever.

Not true. Perhaps not the best thought out vehicle, but the Pacer had many innovative design ideas.

Do you like the mini-doors that give easy access to the rear seats? Thank the Pacer, and it's larger (then the driver's side) passenger door.

Do you like Mini-vans? Think of a four door Pacer (this one was on the books, but never approved).

There are one or two others that slip my mind at the moment, but the Pacer takes too much abuse, IMO.

Now the Festiva . . . :D
    15 hrs of car pain:

GM over 100k? = head gasket :( esp if you cannot see any coolant leaking. Had the same problem with my Montana van.
  • Pacer? that was luxury

My parents had a '74 AMC Hornet Wagon, two tone - purple on white

Growing up in a small town of <5k, it was easy to know who's mother drunk drove the car into the pond in front of the local pub when it showed up on the front page of the local newspaper being pulled out the next day

fuck, i would have loved to have the opportunity to WALK to school 10k, up hill both ways in socks rather then being dropped off in that thing
  • My first car was an AMC Concorde (basically a rebadged Hornet sedan) LX, that was handed down from my parents. My friends called it the Bruised Banana. It was yellow (more visible = more safety), with a brown vinyl roof. Top that off with a multi-toned brown interior, and voila!! Instant Chick Magnet. :bs:

Credit where it's due though, with the the 258 c.i. straight six, that thing lasted forever.
  • Dad's 1961 Studebaker Commander - Learned to drive in this 4 door Plain Jane.

Most memorable events:
    First time solo, picked the girlfriend up from her waitress job for a Party. She changed and threw her cloths in the back seat. Had to explain the girls slip he found in the back seat to my dad next day.
    Forgot to put the cap back on the oil cover. Left it on the battery. Driving down town and saw smoke from the hood. Burned the engine compartment to a crisp.
    Good times
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    GM over 100k? = head gasket :( esp if you cannot see any coolant leaking. Had the same problem with my Montana van.

Bang on. Google tells me it's the intake manifold gasket cuz it's drinking oil + coolant.
  • Well had another great day this week...

Car didn't start!
    -37 is bad for cars... yep.

Called the CAA dude, can't start it either. fuck. run to the closest rona (10 minutes) freeze my ass off, buy some gas defrost or whatever... still won't start.

got to work at 12:30 after my g/f's boss husband picked us up.
    great...
  • Block heater ftw (or a big flood lamp)
  • hehe there's a block heater...
    it's actually my g/f car, I'm used to have new car but since her car is paid in full we decided not to renew my nice, sexy car rental (I still cry at night).

Well I never ever plugged a car in my life, never. well now I guess I have no other option, especially since this stupid weather will last till sunday
    Bang on. Google tells me it's the intake manifold gasket cuz it's drinking oil + coolant.

3.4L GM had a special provision for doing these intakes outside of the warranty window. If you catch it soon enough you are ok. If you put on a bunch of miles with coolant mixed in your engine oil then it is time for a new car.

Edit: The intakes will be visibly damp if this is your problem
  • Redington wrote: »
    Pacer? that was luxury

My parents had a '74 AMC Hornet Wagon, two tone - purple on white

Growing up in a small town of <5k, it was easy to know who's mother drunk drove the car into the pond in front of the local pub when it showed up on the front page of the local newspaper being pulled out the next day

Would drive that car with pride.
  • My bad day was Monday.

My 4 year old daughter with reasonably long hair got head lice.

It's all good now but it was a pain in the ass.
  • Quimby wrote: »
    My bad day was Monday.

My 4 year old daughter with reasonably long hair got head lice.

It's all good now but it was a pain in the ass.

ok so I read got head slice ...

I was like WTF how can it be "all good now".
  • I just use Krazy glue for head slices.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.