$140 Tourney Brantford today -

Anyone else play this?

$2500 chips, 30 players

I managed to donk off $700 on KK first orbit by limping in and 2 barreling an a high flop.

Pretty card dead at ~25BB through to final table, best hands all day TT, JJ, AQ AQ AK, thats it

Favorite hand, SB limps to me with 3.5k back and blinds 400-800, I RRAI with K8 he flips AA and I say K8 make money!!! flop K83 he didnt improve :)

Ended H/U out stacked 3/2 and opponent immediately offers 50/50 chop $1000vs$950 with 14BB and him with 23BB I say wow, I was afraid to play you HU thanks and take the money vs 1200first 750second

Comments

• Not bad at all! Good job.
  • Congrats -- $4200 and only $1200 to first -- do they pay all 9 seats?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Congrats -- $4200 and only $1200 to first -- do they pay all 9 seats?

sorry 3k prizepool with $25 bounty and $15 juice
  • mmm juice -- how many bounties did u get
  • 4, but only at the FT, i wuz card dead
  • Redington wrote: »
    Anyone else play this?

I was there this morning looking for Blondefish...

Black hat with white/grey/silver Montreal Canadians logo...

Congrats on the finish btw...
  • well look me up next time

black baseball hat with a black cloverleaf

Ill be there thurs
  • lol thats not a bad chop at all. Nice one
    well look me up next time

black baseball hat with a black cloverleaf

Ill be there thurs

Were you playing at a table prior to the tourney or were you one of those milling around the entranceway to the poker room?
  • milling around prior - don't need to go and tilt my self off playing limit b4 a nl tourny
  • Congrats on making ITM and for gaining equity by accepting the chop. Do I get a percentage from our swapping agreement? :) If you have decided to fly and play at next week's WPS events, we can do the same Sharpe Ratio-maximizing swapping agreement.

To zunni74, I ran into Aces and was eliminated early, but stayed to rail Redington until close to the break. I'll try to get you the $5 Dominican Republic poker chip. I won't play the next couple of Brantford tournaments, but if the $400 tournament is not sold out the morning after my return flight, I may be back at Brantford on January 26.
    Redington wrote: »
    Ended H/U out stacked 3/2 and opponent immediately offers 50/50 chop $1000vs$950 with 14BB and him with 23BB I say wow, I was afraid to play you HU thanks and take the money vs 1200first 750second
  • Wasn't sure about the swap.

Is it ongoing from the first week?
  • Wasn't sure about the swap.

Is it ongoing from the first week?

you need to get the earlier then after the cards are in the air, what do you think you helmuth? :)
    you need to get the earlier then after the cards are in the air, what do you think you helmuth? :)

Ahhh and there's why I didn't bump into you Blondefish :)

Red, I'll stop by tomorrow morning pre-tourney and introduce myself. Will you be wearing the same hat?
  • yep, black hoodie, black hat with a black clover
  • I did another Helmuth at yesterday's $550 GBH tournament when I got lost during my long drive to Port Perry and arrived almost one hour late! :-[ I missed out on the big chip movement in my table, including the guy who had won the rake-free home game satellite hosted by a forumer. After I doubled up forumer Dead Money after his all-in reraise (but my cards were soooted!), I eventually went all the way back to win fourth place.

Should I do another Helmuth at next week's CPT Finals? ;)
    Redington wrote: »
  • congrats on the score; what was 4th worth?

You going to brantford today?
    congrats on the score; what was 4th worth?

You going to brantford today?

From an earlier post in this thread:

BlondeFish says: "I won't play the next couple of Brantford tournaments, but if the $400 tournament is not sold out the morning after my return flight, I may be back at Brantford on January 26."
  • Did anybody else play in the $100 tourney yesterday? There was 46 registered, top 5 payed. Almost $1600 for first. I finished 11th. Reddington was still in when I left.
  • coolblue24 wrote: »
    Did anybody else play in the $100 tourney yesterday? There was 46 registered, top 5 payed. Almost $1600 for first. I finished 11th. Reddington was still in when I left.

Redington seems to be a monster in these things ;)

Sorry I couldn't make it in on Thursday morning, I had to shuffle around a bunch of meetings and had to start one at 9:30... :(