Looking for Poker Players in the St.Thomas area

I'm new to the forum so: Hi to everyone out there. :)

I run a No Limit Texas Hold'em Poker game once a week on Sunday Nights at 6:30 and am currently looking for some new players. Realistically players would need to be in the St.Thomas, Port Stanley, Union, Sparta, etc area to make the drive worth while, but all players are welcome.
I have been running the game for over five years, we've got 12 or so regulars and another 8 or so players that play periodically. I would like to get the game up to roughly 16-18 regular players every week. Both male and female ranging in age from 18 to 60ish.

We play a tournament style game, the buyin is $20 with no rebuys. Pay out to the top three, with a larger game we pay fourth place as well. I use poker tournament manager to run the game, we keep track of all of the stats and week to week results. Ive made a pair of poker tables to give the game a little more authentic feel. We usually have end of Summer, end of Year and Super Bowl games with larger buyins and cumulative pots from the previous weeks which have totaled to close to $2000. Our game is fairly competitive, but at the same time is pretty friendly. I have no problem with ppl taking it serious, but at the same time we have had to ask a few guys to stop playing because their attitude was too much for the group. Its not really a house game, one of the players owns a large building so we play there. We usually watch the football game or whatever else is on TV at the time. Theres no alcohol allowed which helps to keep the quality of play up. I don't know what else to say so feel free to ask. If you are interested in playing please email scottiej86@hotmail.com with Sunday Night Poker in the subject title, if you decide to come out I will pass along the location of the game. Thanx for reading.

Comments

• Theres no alcohol allowed which helps to keep the quality of play up.

You had me until here.

Good luck!
  • if 'quality of play' existed you wouldn't be buying in for $20

...and more importantly, if you were a smart player you'd WANT your opponents to give up any edge the would...drinking should always be encouraged.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    if 'quality of play' existed you wouldn't be buying in for $20

...and more importantly, if you were a smart player you'd WANT your opponents to give up any edge the would...drinking should always be encouraged.

I'd have to disagree with you on the amount of money dictating the quality of play. There are a handful of ppl with below average skills, but most are fairly good players. The reason we dont play for more the $20 on a regular basis is because Poker isnt our be all and end all, we like to have a good time but we dont feel like making too costly that some ppl cant afford to play. We wil have games with $50 to $100 buyins periodically.
  • Haha. I see you have received the standard pf.ca welcome. Don't be discouraged by Kristy, she is a 'high roller' who has been known to flip coins for $3000 a pop.

I live in St. T and might be interested in making it out to your game on occasion. I will ship you an email. Thanks for the post.

P.S. Do you really have a ZERO tolerance for alcohol at these games? Gambling with out booze is like an orgy with no touching.
  • cadillac wrote: »
    Haha. I see you have received the standard pf.ca welcome. Don't be discouraged by Kristy, she is a 'high roller' who has been known to flip coins for $3000 a pop.

I live in St. T and might be interested in making it out to your game on occasion. I will ship you an email. Thanks for the post.

P.S. Do you really have a ZERO tolerance for alcohol at these games? Gambling with out booze is like an orgy with no touching.

hahah, yes very friendly welcome. An orgy with no touching I gotta use that at some time. The reason theres no alcohol is because of the location we play at. ill check my email
  • Hi Mr Johnson,

I live in St. Thomas and would be interested in your some of your Sunday night games.
  • Hi Mr Johnson,

I live in St. Thomas and would be interested in your some of your Sunday night games.

drop me an email: scottiej86@hotmail.com with Sunday Night Poker in the the subject heading. tell me about yerself