No sound on Pokerstars

Wondering if anyone can help me with this one.

I've recently started playing on Stars.....and on my old PC the sound would cut-off periodically, usually when I'm playing FTP and Stars.

I assumed it was just my shiity computer.

I recently bought a new HP laptop, and the same thing is happening on it as well.

Unfortunately I have a computer IQ of -12.......any one have an idea what the problem might be.

If I'm just playing FTP, I have no problem.

If I just play Stars, sound can cut out.

This is extremely irritating when multitabling, as it makes you miss some hands when you're not paying attention.

Comments

• It might be in the sound options... try these:

Sound / Sound Settings
  • I have the same issue, and fiddling with the sound options in the Stars software did not seem to help. When mine cuts out it makes a nice big buzzing noise for a few seconds as well. After about 2 minutes the sound kicks back in, until then no sound on my computer works.

This only happens when I have Stars running, so now I feel better that it is not likely my sound system :P

Maybe email Stars about it and see what they say. Maybe I will as well if I get around to it!
  • actyper wrote: »
    vanity_pack.jpg

you're as helpful as a fart in a space suit......nh
  • Monteroy wrote: »
    I have the same issue, and fiddling with the sound options in the Stars software did not seem to help. When mine cuts out it makes a nice big buzzing noise for a few seconds as well. After about 2 minutes the sound kicks back in, until then no sound on my computer works.

This only happens when I have Stars running, so now I feel better that it is not likely my sound system :P

Maybe email Stars about it and see what they say. Maybe I will as well if I get around to it!

I'll try to piss around again tonight......mine doesn't give any warnings, just doesn't work. Seems to cut back in on my PC periodically, but doesn't seem to come back on the laptop.

Damn, my own computer's putting me on tilt.