Tracking Software

A couple days ago i came across poker edge. It seems like a really usefull tool to use online, but how accurate can the stats be? How does a program like this get so many different players hands? Is it the poker sites that sell them this informantion?

Comments

• poker edge is illegal to use on sites... try looking at pokertracker3 its legit
  • if its illegal then how come so many people can get away with using it?
  • You may want to read this article if you are considering poker edge

Poker Edge guide to playing on Poker Stars | Poker Software

I myself use holdem manager and Online Poker Table Selection and Power Tools - Player Statistics
  • thanks for the link! yeah im not into monthy fees anyway so even more reason for me to not use poker edge! Poker Tracker it is!
  • Check out hold'em manager before going with pokertracker. Both offer free trials before you buy. I went to HEM from PT2 instead of getting PokerTracker 3
  • Seems like HEM has been gaining popularity as of late, what to give me a Cole's Notes about the differences/similarities etc etc?
  • How's HEM for tracking STT's & MTT's?
  • the tournament part for HEM is now in Beta and should be released shortly.

Tourney Update - Holdem Manager Forums

Here is the thread to see whats comming.
  • for those that hasn't try HEM, you are really missing out alot unfair advantage over PT3 users.
    HEM come in micro stake and pro which is alot cheaper then PT3
    if you have stox or card runner membership, you can now get HEM pro at 50% off.
    it also canadian made.
    it's program that is so easy to use, and yet come in alot of hidden powerful feature that you have to learn how to use.
    i just recently discover the leak finder feature come with HEM...and OMG
  • Can you convert PT3 db's to HEM?
  • If I already have PokerTracker 3, is HEM that much better that I should buy it too and stop using PT3? Does it have HUD and all the important features of PT3?
    for those that hasn't try HEM, you are really missing out alot unfair advantage over PT3 users.
    HEM come in micro stake and pro which is alot cheaper then PT3
    if you have stox or card runner membership, you can now get HEM pro at 50% off.
    it also canadian made.
    it's program that is so easy to use, and yet come in alot of hidden powerful feature that you have to learn how to use.
    i just recently discover the leak finder feature come with HEM...and OMG
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    If I already have PokerTracker 3, is HEM that much better that I should buy it too and stop using PT3? Does it have HUD and all the important features of PT3?

the only thing HEM missing is tournment support which is coming out soon, HEM has it in private beta, and screenshot look nice.
    it come with HUD and more.
    few thing i like over PT3
    1. included rakeback and bonus in the grahpic
    2. player stats on HH replayer (save you time to look it up)
    3. allin EV on the graphic
    4. leak finder
    5. player active windows ( this give me so much edge in today's 3bet/4bet game)
    i been using HEM since may. and leak finder is there since the beginning of time.....i just found out few week ago.....stupid me
  • zunni74 wrote: »
    Can you convert PT3 db's to HEM?

no
    but you can export your HH and reimport them into HEM
  • I don't currently use any.....which is best for me, as I play mostly PLO...tourney and cash. As well as tourney NLHE.
  • ive been trying HEM and one thing i like about PT3 more is how it shows individual tournament games and how much you win/ loose.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    I don't currently use any.....which is best for me, as I play mostly PLO...tourney and cash. As well as tourney NLHE.

I find HUDs useless for PLO, but I don't play more than 4 tables at a time.
  • 4 tableing omaha?
    just nut peddling or do you ever really have to watch to make decisions?

I cant do 1 table and msn

I have dropped down to try and multitable and my ROI goes way down - there are so many places where i just get a feel of whats there so i can make decisions usually involving use of agggression based on what i am seeing in hands i am not in

do you make notes too?
  • Unfortunately, PokerTracker 3 misses a lot of tournament details that I sometimes try to manually enter, e.g., number of players, buy-in, fee, rebuys, add-on and if you won a satellite seat. I haven't been able to analyze my satellite or tournament results in PT. I asked a forumer who is a PT veteran and as usual, I was basically told that "you are just being very lucky and you should go buy a lottery ticket while you have horseshoes up your ass because it is inconceivable that you can keep winning." :rolleyes:

Are you and Chuckieland saying that HEM has even less features for tournaments than PT3?
    Johnith wrote: »
    ive been trying HEM and one thing i like about PT3 more is how it shows individual tournament games and how much you win/ loose.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Unfortunately, PokerTracker 3 misses a lot of tournament details that I sometimes try to manually enter, e.g., number of players, buy-in, fee, rebuys, add-on and if you won a satellite seat. I haven't been able to analyze my satellite or tournament results in PT. I asked a forumer who is a PT veteran and as usual, I was basically told that "you are just being very lucky and you should go buy a lottery ticket while you have horseshoes up your ass because it is inconceivable that you can keep winning." :rolleyes:

Are you and Chuckieland saying that HEM has even less features for tournaments than PT3?
    this is because HEM has no tourny support yet
    HEM just release beta version of HEM with tourny support.
    heard good thing about it, but it require reimport HH for tourny side to work.
    one of major feature is view by hand ranges in replayer.
    also chipEV for tourny.
    i am gonna wait abit for 1.08beta, just because i have too many bonus to hunt now and can't affort the downtime.
  • HEM is now on 1.08 beta 7