MTT Prop Bet - Jan 19 to Feb 1 - CANCELLED

Starting Jan 19, and it will run until Feb 1 to cover the big Sunday tournaments - we will go by the Pocket Fives formula (Points = (PrizePool1/2) / (PlaceFinished3/5)).

Rules:
1. Tournaments across all sites are valid to be used, but you must post your username for each site that you plan to play
2. You MUST make the money to have the score count.
3. For the period from Jan 19 - Feb 1, your top 25 score will count towards the standing.
4. Tournament score will count if it has a MINIMUM of 36 players.
5. Satellites will NOT count.
6. All tournaments that began prior to Jan 19 00:00 EST will not count.
7. Any results that count towards the bet can be posted in the thread or PM'ed to me.
8. In order for a result on a site to be counted, you must indicate that you have an account on that particular site prior to the beginning of the tournament on such site. It is best that you list all your username in advance so all your results will count.

We will have 3 tiers for this bet - $10, $20, $50. So if you are interested in tier 2, you are automatically enrolled in tier 1, which means you're paying $10 + $20. Same for tier 3 - $10 + $20 + $50. Money must be sent to me before the start date in order to be considered eligible.

OPR will be used for reference but any player can request for a tournament history at any time (as OPR has been known to misrecord results once in awhile). I will update an excel spreadsheet at least once every other day and a downloadable link will be posted (I'll also update the OP in the thread as well). Each player is responsible to cross reference their results with the result on the spreadsheet to accuracy - at the end of the contest period, all players have 48 hours to point out any inaccuracy, otherwise spreadsheet will be considered final.

If you are interested in joining, please post your username on sites that you plan to play on (can be added at later date) - if you do not want to reveal your name to all, you may PM 'em to me, but all players involved in the prop bet will eventually have access to everyone's screenname for refence.

*More rules can (will) be added at a later time as necessary.

Players:
westside8 - tier 3 (wesleyw on Stars, westside8 on FTP)
moose - tier 1 (cdnmoose07 on Stars, cdnmoose2 on FTP, cdnmoose on PP, moose04 on TG)
t8urmoney

Tier 1 - $10

1. westside8
2. moose
3. t8urmoney

Tier 2 - $20
1. westside8
2. moose
3. t8urmoney

Tier 3 - $50

1. westside8

FAQ (aka - a couple of questions I've been asked so far)

1. Do I have to enter tier 1 if I only want to enter tier 3?
A: Yes, in order to enter tier 3 you must enter tier 1 and 2. Same with tier 2, you must enter tier 1 to be eligible for tier 2.

2. What is the payout?
A: Winner take all per tier. Unless we get <10 in a tier, in which case I will probably go 75/25

3. Are turbos/SnGs eligible?
A: Yes, anything with more than 36 players are eligible.

4. What about the prizepools bounty tournaments?
A: According to the formula, the prizepool is the money that is distributed based on your finish and not the number of knockouts you accumulate.

** Please keep this thread to matters concerning the bet for this period ONLY - all other posts will be moved and deleted if necessary. Discussions can continue in the other thread - http://www.pokerforum.ca/f8/2009-mtt-prop-bet-17930/

Comments

• Tier 1-2
    Stars
    cdnmoose07

FT
    cdnmoose2

Party
    cdnmoose

Tiger
    moose04
  • moose wrote: »
    Tier 1-2
    Stars
    cdnmoose07 & cdnmoose05

FT
    cdnmoose2 & cdnmoose

Party
    cdnmoose & cdnmoose2

Tiger
    moose04

I think you forgot a couple Moose....I've added them for you.

I'm in for $10 & $20

PokerStars: T8yourmoney
    FTP: T8urmoney
  • [EMAIL="!@#$%!$^!$^**!^!$^!^$"]!@#$%!$^!$^**!^!$^!^$[/EMAIL]* you found me out.
  • I'm hoping to have at least 5 players in order to make this worth while...
  • westside8 wrote: »
    3. Are turbos/SnGs eligible?
    A: Yes, anything with more than 36 players are eligible.
    If 36+ player SNGs are eligible, wouldn't 36+ player qualifier/satellite tournaments also be eligible?
  • Prob with sats is that they might be double counted. Say you win a sat that pays a $500 entry. Then you cash in that $500 tourney for $1k. You actually only win $1k total, but your stats would show $1500.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    If 36+ player SNGs are eligible, wouldn't 36+ player qualifier/satellite tournaments also be eligible?

No..because satellites have an extremely flat payout or an extremely steep payout, and thus changes the strategy in end game, and also satellites could have multiple "first place winners"
  • I was confused by the formula so I checked pocket 5's. Please confirm that this is correct.

Points = [PrizePool^(1/2)] / [PlaceFinished^(3/5)]

Also is there a limit to the maximum number of tournaments played? I might only find time to play 30 or so. I don't want to be severely behind if someone else has the time to play 400 tournaments.

Duane
  • Quimby wrote: »
    Also is there a limit to the maximum number of tournaments played? I might only find time to play 30 or so. I don't want to be severely behind if someone else has the time to play 400 tournaments.

Duane

Highest 25 scores will count.
  • I dont get the set up

I play 90manKO sng $24+2 on ft

what do I have to do to be in this?
  • Thats fine. They are still considered MTTs.
  • That's too bad. Are satellite results tracked by any online site? I looked up my stats in Officialpokerrankings.com and it didn't show any of my dozens of satellite tournament wins but instead gives me an ROI of -92%!? :-[
    westside8 wrote: »
    No..because satellites
  • Looks like OPR doesn't show sat results for Party, but does for the other sites.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to have at least 5 players in order to make this worth while...

Bump.....how many we have confirmed?

I'm running bad, so I'm in for the $50 now as well.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Bump.....how many we have confirmed?

Only 3 so far.
  • ok, I play $24 tournies, what do I do to get in this?
  • Redington wrote: »
    ok, I play $24 tournies, what do I do to get in this?

Just keep playing. They qualify. Everytime you make the money, just make note of the placed finish and the tournament ID#.
  • Unless we get 3 players or so signed up for this by tonight, this will be cancelled and we'll run a month long one starting in Feb.
  • Sign me up for tier 1 only.

This will encourage me to play more tourneys since I suck at cash games recently.

kelly_kabob on Stars.