New Years Resolution! (for real)

unpoker-wise..2009 in general

mine:

10. read more.
9. buy a good journal and use it.
8. quit smoking
7. finally pick a laundry day and stick to it.
6. relearn how to do a quality handstand and cartwheel
5. build an inappropriate snowperson
4. get better at chess until I'm only losing to Pete in a 2:1 ratio
3. go back to Yoga
2. touch something man-made over a thousand years old..and I don't mean Compuease.

1. Make New Season Resolutions instead of New Years Resolutions

Comments

• Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    2. touch something man-made over a thousand years old..and I don't mean Compuease.
    Awww, I'm touched...... thx...

hahaha....pics please!

Seriously, all the best with the others especially quitting smoking. I'm sure that'll be the toughest.

My only "real" resolution this year is to give up sugary junk food. I'm so weak for crappy (yet tasty) chocolates and candy. I'm hopeful as though as in the past I've quit soda pop and most salty junk food.

mine:

10. read more.
    8. quit smoking
    3. go back to Yoga

If you succeed in only 1, I hope it is #8. Good luck.
  • Mine is to Lose weight! over the last year i have had knee surgery and now struggle with arthritis due to the surgery. I gained roughly 20 lbs this year..... sad...

anyone want to have a weight loss challenege thing?
  • anyone want to have a weight loss challenege thing?

Find DataMn's thread...
  • My resolution is to be a better father. My daughter is 12 going on 30 (sort of like someone else around here :D) so I want to keep things as open as possible between us, most especially as boys take up more of her interest (and vice versa). I also think I will try and lose the gut that is so prominent in some of those Polar Bear photos. No promises on that one, though . . .

There is one more, but it is more personal than I am willing to share here.
  • Milo wrote: »
    There is one more, but it is more personal than I am willing to share here.

watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

(kidding, awesome goal!)
  • Your read is goot. ROFL, as I had not watched that one before.
    Merry Christmas, and don't forget to scam some shortbread from your Mom's, okay?
  • Milo wrote: »
    Your read is goot. ROFL, as I had not watched that one before.
    Merry Christmas, and don't forget to scam some shortbread from your Mom's, okay?

Hey, is the QR button not working for anyone else?

My Mom has been baking for weeks, I'm eating nothing but cookies for the next two days!

Merry Christmas.
  • Good luck with the resolutions everyone. Im only going to make one. It is to bonus whore on more poker sites this year and build up a bigger roll so I can take a nice vacation next christmas. Cheers and happy holidays everyone.

mine:

10. read more.
    8. quit smoking
    3. go back to Yoga

For #8.
    I tried the prescription drug Champix earlier this year and it worked great. Have not had a smoke in over 10 months and no desire to have one either. The key is you have to stick to the program the whole 12 weeks. Talk to your doctor about it.
  • Bump.

I have gone this year without any fast food.
    I have lost 20 lbs.
    I also am 2 days away from being a year sober from everything otherthan booze and smokes.
  • That's awesome on both counts Haddon. Keep it up.
    I have decided to put weight on this year... Muscle mass that is. I have been working out at home since January and then started at the gym in March. Its going to take a while but I am determined.
  • So, since this got bumped...Any updates on where people are at? Congrats to those who are actualizing their goals. One day at a time... My resolution was to buy a house with a massive yard for my dog Bob. Just managed to squeeze that one into the first quarter of the year earlier this week. Now I'm free to do whatever I want for the rest of the year right? Hmm.
  • Any updates on where people are at?

I did 9,7,2.