Bristol St. presents -- "Merry Xmas Maddness 5" - Fri Jan 2nd @ 7pm (Waterloo)

13»

Comments

• Rob it looks highly unlikely my +1 will be coming. I'll still be there.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Zithal
    Green - "Company's Coming!" - Exchanges places with any player at any other table and that player takes your spot. If there are two floors of tables running, you also must switch floors.

Rob, you must have missed this question..... Can you clarify?

For this year anyway, we're just going to switch spots bringing your chipstack with you. I've clarified it on the the sheets I'll be posting.

The purpose of the rule was to encourage people mingling for the early part of the tournament and add a little strategy into the mix.
  • :'( Very :'(
    Still feel like I got hit by a truck.
    I'm out for tonight.

Maybe some year I can make it

:'(
  • I have to bail on tonight as well. Have a good time everyone!

Ranger Mike
  • I haven't seen Hobbes since like last March. He has signed up for a whack of tournaments and cancelled everytime.

Can anybody confirm that he is actually amongst the living?

I think somebody killed him after a donk call and bad beat. Then they have been posting for him ever since. My read would be waltsfriend. If this actually did happen please post under the bad beats section.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I haven't seen Hobbes since like last March. He has signed up for a whack of tournaments and cancelled everytime.

Can anybody confirm that he is actually amongst the living?

I think somebody killed him after a donk call and bad beat. Then they have been posting for him ever since. My read would be waltsfriend. If this actually did happen please post under the bad beats section.

Yes I am amongst the living. moose can confirm and I was at a Bristol in sept (so I have not canceled every time lol)

Life really got in the way the end of last year. Lots of overtime (good 4 me, bad for poker).

Hope to see you at the first Bristol event of '09 so I can bad beat you ;)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Yes I am amongst the living. moose can confirm and I was at a Bristol in sept (so I have not canceled every time lol)

Hobbes was there for the 1st day of school, but has been playing hooky ever since.

Sorry you won't be there tonight Ron, it's going to be a blast.

Johnnie

ps....I'm ALL IN blind 1st hand (obviously!)
  • We're now at no one on the waiting list, and I'm sure we may lose a few more to PNYSS (Post New Year's Sickness Syndrome).

If playing in the garage isn't that bad, here's my plan for the evening...

- Living room breaks first to re-turn it into a place to hang out, and to play Rock Band 2.
    - The garage breaks second and turns into the cash game. (Assuming it wasn't too bad to play in.)
    - Kitchen breaks next, and the table gets pushed back to create a safe passage around the house. Kitchen is the backup cash game location.

The garage is beginning to warm up a bit with my block heater in there, (and should get better with people), BUT, if you've got the winter ills and would prefer not to play in a colder environment, please let me know and I'll accommodate you.
  • PS. Does anyone have Rock Band 1 for the 360? If so, post here and bring it along tonight.
  • Seating assignments ??
  • Sorry Rob, please drop Richard "compuease+2". All the rest of the 7 Rocks are planning the invasion. to defend our title. I believe we have won half of these over the years....... Kinda feel like MXM is our private playground.....
    That leaves one more spot open for a deserving last minute victim, errr participant...
  • Thanks for the heads up! I'm in the process of drawing seats and the list will be posted at my place.
  • Have fun everyone
  • Thanks again Rob for a great night!

Who won?
  • Thanks for a great night, albeit short in the Maddness portion>
    Thank you secret santa for the "Shot Glass Checkers"

Dr. Tyore: My head was warmer than normal on the way home. I still had your hat on! Will return next time out to the Burbs

Milton Slim
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Thanks again Rob for a great night!

Who won?

me, proving that despite being terrible at poker and in for the gdp of zimbabwe, if:

• you luckbox like crazy the last 10 minutes of rebuy period
    • you luckbox a free 20k santa doubleup
    • you stay away from any sort of postflop play for the most part
    • you cooler the hell out of everyone
    • and win every race you see
    it's possible to win at poker!!

thanks for a fun night/morning rob
  • Thanks for putting on another great event Rob...hope I can make more in 2009 then I did last year!