Wierdest Fold Ever

I had to post this hand because I can't figure out how someone, who seemed like a decent player, could fold this hand.

$1/$2 at a local club. Pot is around $80 on the flop of AQ7; one player in MP has $49 left; player on the button has him covered. checked around to MP who bets $15; folded around to button who raises to $45. MP goes all-in for an extra $4 to button. Button asks other player if he has an ace? player says 'yes'; button asks if he has a big kicker? player says 'yes'; button mucks his card for $4 because he says he is out kicked, with two cards to come.

I love poker!

Comments

• obvious bluff.
  • Why fold for 4$ in an 80$ pot... I guess he doesn't know anything about a VALUE call... Theirs just too much $$$ not to call!!!
  • 2 5 at Venetian last night.

Guy on my right is a good laggy player, has been posting $15-25 every hand. I am the cutoff. Player on my right posts $25. Full table.

Laggy posts $25. UTG+1 very tight young player limps for $5 utg and everyone folded then he went $200 to take down the $32 pot -- lol.

Very next hand he is UTG and limps for $5 ($25 posted as previous). hijack calls, I call with some middle cards, blinds fold. UTG thinks for like a minute and I tell him he can push again and then he folds...wtf??? LMAO.

Live poker, not rigged.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    2 5 at Venetian last night.

Guy on my right is a good laggy player, has been posting $15-25 every hand. I am the cutoff. Player on my right posts $25. Full table.

Laggy posts $25. UTG+1 very tight young player limps for $5 utg and everyone folded then he went $200 to take down the $32 pot -- lol.

Ok... I'm sorry but I can't follow this AT ALL... post 25? then the guy limps for 5?
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    Ok... I'm sorry but I can't follow this AT ALL... post 25? then the guy limps for 5?
    hh or gtfo
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »

Post = treated as a blind-raise I would assume.
  • yeah but if he post 25 how can the other guy limp for 25 after?

Also... there's a good laggy on his right... and another laggy on his right and they both make it 25?

So confusing lol
  • Ok,

It's a blind raise with no option.

So in the 2nd hand UTG limps fot $5 knowing it will be at least $25 to play the hand. Hijack calls $5 cutoff has no option and has $25 out, I call on button and UTG +1 now FOLDS knowing that when he limped it would be $25 to him to play the hand. Hijack calls then we see a flop.

Prior hand was the same scenario and the folder limped then raised to $200 hu with the $25 blind raiser.

I have graphs if needed.