Cashing Checks

Hi Everyone,

First time posting. Tired of sifting through 2+2 for Canadian specific threads. I've been playing near fulltime lately and am going to withdraw from some sites soon. I haven't gotten in with MoneyBookers yet and they sound a little sketchy given the reviews on 2+2.

I'm curious if anyone has had any problems cashing checks from the various sites? Sounds like a lot of U.S. players have problems cashing Cake. I'm going to be cashing out of Cake and Ladbrokes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• If you get a cheque sent to you you should have no problem cashing it. It will not have any reference to poker or the site on it at all.
  • you lose 35 bucks if you are getting a check from cake.
  • No problems cashing checks.. but you will get the occasional nosey teller asking you if it's a paycheque or not. I tell them to STFU <in my thoughts>..
  • Never had any issues with checks from Stars, Crypto or Party. Never tried to get a check from Cake, may as well move it to moneybookers then Stars for a check at no cost. Your bank may put a week long hold or so on the first couple you receive.

Moneybookers has been fine for me, though I still wish Neteller never booted Canadians.
  • No problem with me, but I've only ever gotten a cheque from Stars. Everything else has been through MB and direct transfer. Haven't had any problems with MB either, but my money never really stay there for longer than 24 hours anyways.
  • Cocaine's a helluva drug
  • I've received Moneybookers checks within a week from cashing out. Cake does charge a fee to cut you a check.

I'd sign up with Moneybookers.

What sketchyness have you heard about them?