How to play online in Las Vegas

Has anybody been able to play online in Las Vegas without a laptop? Has anybody used a PC in an Internet cafe or hotel business centre there where they allow you to download poker software?

I was multi-tabling satellites when StinkyFingers first phoned me and while it wasn't easy to concentrate during the final tables, he brought me luck and I won both satellites. The problem is the $700 satellite (where I have at least a 1-in-10 chance of winning a $6K+ package) is on Thursday when we are in Las Vegas. I phoned the site and asked to play in the next satellite after Thursday since I won't have access to a computer, but I was told that I have to play or find a computer to unregister only 30 minutes before the satellite starts. So if I can find a way to play online in Las Vegas, I am thinking of playing instead of hoping to get a credit later. I'm an online newbie, so is asking another player of similar skill to play the satellite for me another option or is that considered cheating?

I have booked at Binion's for only $13/night! That's cheaper than renting an apartment in Ontario, so I wish I could stay there for the month. With the $20 free poker chips, match play and other promos I found, it is actually a free hotel stay! Does anybody happen to know if there's any Internet cafe near Fremont Street?

Comments

• 0. invest 0.004% of your winnings and buy a cheap notebook

1. call your hotel to see if they offer access

2. i can unregister you if you like

3. i can play for you if you like. it may not be allowed but only you, me and the 14 people who read this forum will know about it.
  • Ya, buy a laptop.
  • A++ post:)

ffs blondefish your rich buy a dam laptop,lol one session of cash wil pay for it.

pkrfce9 wrote: »
    0. invest 0.004% of your winnings and buy a cheap notebook

1. call your hotel to see if they offer access

2. i can unregister you if you like

3. i can play for you if you like. it may not be allowed but only you, me and the 14 people who read this forum will know about it.
  • have you seen one of those mini laptops? those would be great for online poker on the road. cost around $400 Cdn. Back to Vegas?? what happened to the asthma?
  • Even if they have public PC, they won't let you install a poker client and play it. Either find someone to unregister you, or find someone to play it for you...or just buy a laptop.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I have booked at Binion's for only $13/night! That's cheaper than renting an apartment in Ontario

which site did you find this great rate for a hotel room? btw, if you keep running off to Vegas every month, you might want to speak to the reservations desk about a long-term rental :)
  • Thanks for the helpful replies. I just found out that this no-Americans site won't allow a logon from the US, so I can't do anything in the US anyway. I asked my wife to unregister me on Thursday night but she is terrified of computers, so I'm hoping my 7-year old will remember how to do it. If I have time, I'll teach my kid how to keep clicking the All-In button and she'll win the satellite for me! ;)
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    buy a cheap notebook
    I had a laptop years ago, but if you don't need one 360 days of the year, it would be -EV to buy one. :)
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    i can play for you
    Now that would be highly -EV. ;) Interestingly, the site has no specific rules against letting anybody logon to your account, or somebody else playing your entry.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    what happened to the asthma?
    My wife is more concerned with the temporary fall in our stock portfolio ("Sell everything when it's at the lowest, you SOB!") so when I asthma wife about taking a quick trip with free business class seat and free hotel, it wasn't a big deal.
  • The electronic tables at Excalibur are similar to online poker......
  • Blue Light is similar to beer but I still wouldn't drink it...
  • Moose's posts are similar to intelligence but I still wouldn't read them..