Fav movie of 2008

After seeing a number of dissapointing flicks this year I was finally left on the edge of my seat while watching 'Taken' last night starring Liam Neeson.

Taken (2008/I)

This is MY fav movie of 2008! I honestly could have watched it back to back. My girlfriend also loved it, as did my Dad. Sample size of three will clearly propel you to go out immediately and rent it (or dwnld off the internet like some people do ;)

Yes, I thought it was better than the following (although they do deserve consideration):

Dark Night
Ironman
Wall-E
The visitor

stp

Comments

• IRON MAN. I think it might be the ONLY movie I've seen in the theatres this year. Caveat is that I have not yet seen Dark Knight.
  • this question made me realize that I didn't go to the theatres enough this year...

I saw sex in the city and cried like a bitch with a skinned knee
    I saw Mama Mia and whined to go, like a bitch
    I saw Dark night and jumped out of my seat, like a bitch, more than once

...I'm sure there's a pattern forming.. ;)

ps. no one in their right minds should see the first two..especially Mama Mia..it gave me eye-AIDS.
  • I'd have to say Vantage Point
  • Ironman
    Hellboy
    Quantum of Solace
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I'd have to say Vantage Point
    +1 Forgot I rented that. Even the wife liked it.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    ..it gave me eye-AIDS.[/B]

I had this once. I caught it about 15 minutes into The Happening.

Saw the new Bond today, and for entertainment value it was fan fucking tastic.

This year's favorites...

Burn After Reading
    Dark Knight
    Paranoid Park

There were others I'm sure.

Are these movies that came out this year, or that we saw this year?
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    this question made me realize that I didn't go to the theatres enough this year...

I saw sex in the city and cried like a bitch with a skinned knee
    I saw Mama Mia and whined to go, like a bitch
    I saw Dark night and jumped out of my seat, like a bitch, more than once

...I'm sure there's a pattern forming.. ;)

ps. no one in their right minds should see the first two..especially Mama Mia..it gave me eye-AIDS.

You also saw Hellboy II w/ me

Hrm... Dark Knight was awesome of course... I didn't much care for Wall-E - probably due to the hype... it was a good year for comic book fans

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    ... it was a good year for comic book fans

And how sad is that? Personally, I think it was one of the shitiest years I can remember for movies.......also music and TV for that matter.

Having said that, everyone should go out and rent "In Bruges". British indi, dark comedy with Colin Farrell. Not even sure it made it to the theatres in Canada.
  • And how sad is that? Personally, I think it was one of the shitiest years I can remember for movies.......also music and TV for that matter.

Having said that, everyone should go out and rent "In Bruges". British indi, dark comedy with Colin Farrell. Not even sure it made it to the theatres in Canada.

In Bruges definitely made it, but may have been limited to larger centres. It was a good one though, and everyone should check it out.

I agree completely that the movie fare the last little while has been lousy, remakes and video game adaptations. It's like there are no original writers left. I heard recently that there is talk of doing a dramatic feature film(not a documentary), about the creation of Facebook.

This is why I think everyone should see Synedoche, NY when it comes out. Starring Philip Seymour Hoffman, and written by Charlie Kaufman, who was already probably the most original guy in Hollywood. Now he's likely the only original guy in Hollywood. If you haven't heard of him, he wrote Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Pretty amazing stuff there.
  • Ironman was awesome.
    Wall-E was awesome...
    Dark knight was awesome...

Was a really good movie year I'd say.

Lots of "decent action movie" as well... like Wanted, I kinda liked it.

No fav though.
  • Forgot to add 'Felon' to my list of really good movies this year.

stp
  • Twilight, Worst movie of the decade.
  • Twilight, Worst movie of the decade.

Prob cause it's worse than a chick flick....it's a teenage chick flick
  • only movie I saw in a theatre this year.

DARK KNIGHT

A classic.