Cambridge / Guelph: Snow tire swapping?

Hey all

Just wondering if there's a place anyone can reccommend that'll switch my snow tires... i don't have the tools and the buddy that I normally get to do it went and had a kid, so he's got no time.... I figure somewhere like Canadian Tire'll do it.. but I'd rather ship it to a friend / friend of a friend (probably cheaper too).

Mark

Comments

• I think CT does it and charges you as a tire rotation for $20 or so.

But don't all cars come with a jack and lug wrench? What more tools do you need?
  • Hrm..

Guess i shoulda mentioned also the fact it's worth my $20 not to have to do it myself.

Mark
  • Can't you just use one hand and snap on/snap off?
  • I told him Walmart because they are a registered Hot Wheels dealer...
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    .... I figure somewhere like Canadian Tire'll do it.. but I'd rather ship it to a friend / friend of a friend (probably cheaper too).

Yeah - go anywhere else. Canadian Tire has guys doing nothing but tire changes at this time of year - yet they still can't do it right.

I bought a new set of winters from CT a few years ago and they did the switch over at the same time. It wasn't until I brought the (5-month old) summers back in the spring that I realized they hadn't marked them (FR,FL, RR, RL) with a grease pencil when they took them off to allow for proper rotation. When I asked them why they didn't do it, their response was that I "didn't ask them to". :o

Okay - I know VIRTUALLY NOTHING about cars, but even I know you must mark the tires for rotation or you will f*** them up when you put them back on incorrectly.

The moral of the story: CT tire jockeys are borderline retarded. Unless you are going to hold their hand the entire time while they're changing your tires, I wouldn't let them do it for free.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hrm..

Guess i shoulda mentioned also the fact it's worth my $20 not to have to do it myself.

Mark

cosign

that's one of those things like oil changes that I'll never understand not shelling out for.

other notables are carpet cleaning, bread making, hair cut/colouring, and anything to do with sewing.

basically anything you could hire a foreign person to do for $1us/day
  • Not racism, dear, "economic discrimination" . . . sounds sooo much better that way, don't you think?