Bristol St. Classics XLVI, XLVII - Wed, Dec 3rd, Thurs Dec 4th

Comments

• Please add Michelle "Pregnant Jabba the Hut" Hutuleac for Thursday.

stp
  • its keeton again just wondering if u have room for my brother to come his name is kyle so its me greg and kyle comming for the wednesday if thats ok thanks cant wait c u then
  • Rob I'm still in for Wednesday, but I can't play Thursday.

Thanks.
  • Let's hope that we don't get too much snow tonight, cause it takes a while to get Bristol plowed out
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Let's hope that we don't get too much snow tonight, cause it takes a while to get Bristol plowed out

meh.....more fun for me in my 4x4 truck!
  • If there's still room, sign me up for both
  • Please put me down for the Thursday show too!
  • Please switch Michelle from Thursday to Wednesday if you can. Thanks ROb.

stp
  • could i get in for the thursday game? no sense in me running a tourney if bristol is already going! :)
  • Out for Wed
  • I may be a little late for both nights, thanks
    labeach
  • Please sign me up for Wednesday. Thanks.

Ineedanick
  • Please sign me up for both nights, and sign Jenn up for Thursday only.
  • I will be late Wednesday 7:30 ish but on time thursday....
  • I may be a little late for Wed
  • Hey all,

Due to the nature of these two tournaments, if you're currently signed up for Wed and not Thurs, I won't be able to take a last minute sign up from you for tomorrow.

This is all because of the "back 2 back" rule. For those only playing "A", you have until you sign in and pay tonight to decide if you wish to also play tomorrow night.

See you tonight!
  • Myself and Ineedanick Dave may be a bit late.

Mark
  • It sucks but I cannot get out of work. So -me and spidermike. I'll be there Thursday night.
  • can you still show up later and sit beside me?
  • hey its keeton greg cant make it tonight but me and my brother will still be there ok take care see u then
  • The second last Bristol Street of 2008 saw no lack of drama as both "Ranger" Mike and "Buzzardd" Dave both made the final table.

As the players wound down, "Ranger" made an early exit, while "Buzzzardd" hung on to play heads-up with the player who came into the final table with twice as many chips as any one else, "Redington". A 3-1 chip lead for Redington heads-up, quickly went away and Buzzzardd had him all-in an covered with AKo v. AJc. An all-club flop kept "Redington" alive, and eventually gave him the win, the title of "Bristol Street XLVI Champion" and a coveted spot in the GRAND FINALS.

"Buzzzardd" capped off an incredible year with a strong 2nd place showing, but the Player of the Year race is not over yet. With only "Ranger" playing tomorrow, a first place finish will give him the title. Anything else, and "Buzzzardd" Dave gets the honour.

Tomorrow night, closes a dramatic year in dramatic fashion with 8 players now vying for the "Back2Back" side bet and everyone jocking for position to win the final few spots in the Grand Final in just over one weeks time.

With a third place finish, "Zithal" moves ahead of "DataMn" for the "Best of the Worst" Title, (a title he won in 2007). Will he hang on, or will someone else overtake him with one tournament to go.

Tomorrow night is not to be missed. You can follow all the action on the offical Bristol Street website, Untitled Page
  • Congrats Tyson on finally becoming a bride.

Welcome to the winners club!
  • Congrats Tyson.

BTW: Cannot make tonight :(
  • Goog job Tyson.
  • Thanks everyone...

I did suck out AJs vs AKo

However, where I made the BIG mistake was a flat call preflop with Dave raising and me RRAI.

He called with KQo and my 34s didnt hold up.

Then we were even.

Finally a bristol win!
  • Hey sign me up + a friend for tonight. Could you also PM me the house number, I forget which one it is. Thanks!
  • Hey Rob. Could I sign up my friend Tim P for tonight? Also, Cvette, Tim and I could be a tiny bit late.

Thanks.

Sean
  • Congrats to Tye who took the title down tonight for his second win of the year!!

"Ranger" Mike was first out, which means our 2008 Player of the Year is "Buzzzardd" Dave!!! Congrats to an amazing year and expect to see a Top 10 write up soon.

Lastly, a pat on the back to me, who's earned the title of "Best of the Worst" two years running. A bubble finish tonight, gave "Sstar" Sean the lion's share of the Back to Back side bet, as the only player to finish in the money on both nights. Zithal and Joe split the "Final Table" prize with Sean, while Mario added his name to the mix, earning points in each event.

The points for this tournament are being posted soon as we'll have the updates on who's qualified for the finals very very soon.
  • Been a great year. Looking forward to the finals and next year.