New Scam

So I am cruising Craigslist..looking for a flat tv...and come across buddy selling one for 350 bucks.."hmm..worth looking at"..so I shoot him and email asking if he still has it...

This is what I get back..lol
Hello,

My name is Ian Lloyd Connell and I am now in London, United Kingdom (I was sent here wih my work).
I made an order for a new TV for UK use and I need the money from this sale to pay it.
We can close a deal asap.
Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the TV in less than 2 days, if you move fast as well. The solution is provided by a company called DHL which is similar to Fedex, TNT or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the TV .
I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the TV only after you will receive it and through this way you will see it and test it before I receive my payment.
Please click on the link bellow to the DHL website to see how we can complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained:
http://www.dhl.co.uk/en_generic/about/ournew s/euexpansion.html
Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the TV right away.
I will explain to you step by step how this will work .
1) First you will have to send me your full name and address. I will need them for the shipping.
2) I go to the DHL store and leave the TV onto your name as the intended receiver.
3) DHL will check the TV to see if everything is OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the TV .
4) DHL will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the TV , in which you will be told that they have the TV and that they checked it.
5) At this point you will have to go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a money deposit on the DHL payment agent name for the amount we agreed .
6) After you make the deposit you will have to send the info about the money deposit to DHL (MTCN, sender's name and address)
7) DHL will verify the payment informations and if everything is in order they will deliver the TV to you .
8) After you receive the TV , check it and see that all is in order you will instruct DHL to send me the informations about the money deposit and I will be able to receive the funds .
I will pay DHL for the shipping and you will pay Western Union for the Money Transfer fee .
Let me know if we can do this.

Thank you

Comments

• you think they would learn a little english before trying to scam Canadians. I usually like to see a tv before I buy it; don't know about you. And these types of scams actually work? that's the funny part.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    you think they would learn a little english before trying to scam Canadians. I usually like to see a tv before I buy it; don't know about you. And these types of scams actually work? that's the funny part.

ya craigs list is scam central these days
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    ya Waterloo is scam central these days

fyp.

Every time I go there I seem to get that white van pulling up to me asking if I want to buy some speakers.
  • Looks legit.
  • i'm expecting my tv tomorrow. i will post again when it arrives
  • I am kinda curious how they are going to get a tv here, from the UK, in two days..lol..Hell, I have a hard time getting anything from Edmonton or Vancouver in two days where I live...lmao..
  • I'm kinda disapointed..I thought this was a thread inviting people to a scam....not outing one.
  • So I am cruising Craigslist..looking for a flat tv...and come across buddy selling one for 350 bucks.."hmm..worth looking at"..so I shoot him and email asking if he still has it...

This is what I get back..lol

I believe him ???
  • i just got a note. i need to send another $75 for it to clear customs then i should have it in a day or so.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    i just got a note. i need to send another $75 for it to clear customs then i should have it in a day or so.

Just give them your credit card number. That way they don't need to keep sending you notes :D
  • no, that way doesn't work