On your playlist

Helmuth's Mole posted a song that I loved so much in the last inception of this thread, that I resolved to repost it every few months...

These are the songs I can't get enough of right now:

watch?v=WPPCdI-OcuM

watch?v=jCMvQrp8zoI

Comments

• Mashup of Timbaland, Nelly Furtado, Britney, Madonna & Timberlake

When I win a pot in Las Vegas, instead of saying, "Ship it", I wanna say,
    "Give it 2 me, give it 2 me, give it 2 me" ala Nelly Furtado. :D
  • This song is back on b/c of Rockband 2...I'd forgotton how much I love it!

watch?v=mZxxhxjgnC0
  • Kristy I'm really honoured to have touched you so.....wait, that doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.

It's only appropriate that you restart this right now since I am so disillusioned with music and the industry at the moment. There is nothing that is tickling my fancy and yet so much that is grating on my last musical nerve. I think it's a product of my 9 year old daughter wanting to listen to anything High School Musical/Hannah Montana/Jonas Brothers that has me wanting to slit my wrists every time I start the car with one of "her" CD's in it.

Recently I have started to convince her that we have to split the "airtime" between her music and mine. In doing so I have made an effort to present a playlist of very musical women in hopes that she gravitates toward a role model who actually possesses talent, instead of the power of the Disney machine. All of that has brought me back to an artist I found years ago. One that, I told everyone I knew at the time, was going to be the next great thing. It turns out she wasn't, but I just don't give a damn....she does it for me, and my daughter seems to be seeing the light that very few people can actually stand on stage and do this....even with as simple as she makes it look.

YouTube - Regina Spektor - That Time - Full Version!

A couple of my other favourites.

YouTube - Regina Spektor US

YouTube - Regina Spektor - Samson
  • Continuing on the Chick rock theme:

Thomas Tantrum - Shake It Shake It

YouTube - Shake It! Shake It! Live on Marc Riley Radio 6

Tilly and the Wall - Cacophony

YouTube - Tilly and the Wall - Cacophony

Thao Nguyen & The get down stay down

YouTube - Thao "Swimming Pools"
  • Everybody knows that rock 'n' roll reached it's peak in 1976. It's a scientific fact . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Everybody knows that rock 'n' roll reached it's peak in 1976. It's a scientific fact . . .

Actually only you and The Milton Rocks 'know'...

the worst of the rest of us were preoccupied with potty training...and my own dear mother was busy starting high school. ;)
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Actually only you and The Milton Rocks 'know'...

the worst of the rest of us were preoccupied with potty training...and my own dear mother was busy starting high school. ;)

Then your own dear mother is a year or two older than I am. And hey!! What about those cookies?!? I may be old, but I'm not senile (yet).

Actually, for someone who does not listen to a lot of music anymore, those vids were pretty decent. The Nell Furtado, Britney, thing was cool . . .
    Then your own dear mother is a year or two older than I am. And hey!! What about those cookies?!? I may be old, but I'm not senile (yet).

She baked a cheesecake that was fucktardedly awesome at thanksgiving.

Were I not the product of a nuclear family (who would have ever put me on that?) You'd make my short list for potential papa's though...I'll keep you posted.
  • I swear I'm not an emo-kid...but I really like this song. I suppose it fits the chick-rock theme that's developed at least.

Garbage: Bleed like me

watch?v=690k85FQNXs
  • Actually this Garbage song is better: Cherry lips

watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs
  • Cowboy Junkie's Sweet Jane is one of my favs. Way better than the Lou Reed original. Anyone a Breeder's fan (Cannonball, Do You Love Me Now etc...)?
  • Cowboy Junkie's Sweet Jane is one of my favs. Way better than the Lou Reed original. Anyone a Breeder's fan (Cannonball, Do You Love Me Now etc...)?

+1 for the Cowboy Junkies
    Were I not the product of a nuclear family (who would have ever put me on that?) You'd make my short list for potential papa's though...I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the compliment, but by the time you do, I might be better off with the cookies. :D
    Everybody knows that rock 'n' roll reached it's peak in 1976. It's a scientific fact . . .

Ironically, in 1976 at the ripe old age of 7, I convinced my parents that I was musically savvy enough to buy my first piece of vinyl and the Bay City Rollers made their way to our record player. It was a big step up in my view from the Perry Como and Andy Williams shite that previously graced it. Luckily it didn't take long to realize that the Stones, Zeppelin and such kicked their asses musically. However now in this moment of self awareness, I think I must afford my daughter the chance to make the same mistake I did. If only it didn't make me die a bit each time those High School Musicalers open their pie holes.
  • Your all a bunch of fags! All these songs put me to sleep... we need some good old fashion RnR:

YouTube - Weezer - Say It Ain't So
    Actually this Garbage song is better: Cherry lips

watch?v=pqaUZkf52fs

I'm poking my head back into this forum to point out that there is no bloody such thing as a "better" garbage song.

They're all trash.

Edit: The Awesome....Tracy Chapman man, seriously?
  • Edit: The Awesome....Tracy Chapman man, seriously?

Yes, Tracy Chapman. Open your mind man, there's lots of great music in other genres. I listen to just about everything and can appreciate many different styles for entirely different reasons.

Fast Car is a fantastic song and Chapman a great artist with at least 3 platinum albums. Her other song to break out of the Folk genre and make it mainstream was also a great song ("Give me one reason").

So what exactly makes you think that only the songs you can appreciate are good songs? Most people here would not berate artists they personally don't like or the members who like them... not because they don't agree... but because they know it would look arrogant and simple minded on their part to do so.

Just because a song doesn't stimulate your own personal palate doesn't necessarily make it a bad song. But thanks resurecting a thread that's been dead for a week with such a constructive contribution towards what it was created for ???.
  • Edit: The Awesome....Tracy Chapman man, seriously?

Yes, Tracy Chapman. Open your mind man, there's lots of great music in other genres. I listen to just about everything and can appreciate many different styles for entirely different reasons.

Fast Car is a fantastic song and Chapman a great artist with at least 3 platinum albums. Her other song to break out of the Folk genre and make it mainstream was also a great song ("Give me one reason").

So what exactly makes you think that only the songs you can appreciate are good songs? Most people here would not berate artists they personally don't like or the members who like them... not because they don't agree... but because they know it would look arrogant and simple minded on their part to do so.

Just because a song doesn't stimulate your own personal palate doesn't necessarily make it a bad song. But thanks resurecting a thread that's been dead for a week with such a constructive contribution towards what it was created for ???.

whoa whoa, let's just take it easy, let's just take it easy.

Seriously, take it easy.

I never suggested, I wasn't open to other genre's, I am, very much so.

I suggested that there was no such thing as a good garbage song, which I believe.

I also implied that Tracy Chapman maybe was not a strong pick. I don't think she's talented, and I don't think the number of platinum albums(which reflect album sales, not necessarily, Crazy Town anyone?) is a great indicator of quality. She is very talented, and writes her own music, which, if nothing else, I can respect.

I was simply needling you a bit, I didn't suggest you secretly hated music, or that you had no taste.

Take it easy, seriously.
  • Perhaps you are right... maybe Kristy is rubbing off on me a bit ;). My bad.

Just looked at first you were calling me an idiot the way it was written.
  • maybe Kristy is rubbing off on me a bit.

that's hot.

You know this one? ;)

watch?v=4mYA0gir4PA
  • "that's hot."

LOL

Best make-out song eva.....

YouTube - LL Cool J - Doin' it
  • Well played Sir...

I can't imagine topping that song, so I concede.
  • Let's see if I did this right..

son of a....can someone help out a hick here? Not sure on the code..

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AZwQN5PyXu0&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed>
  • Click the mountain picture and put in the address from the address bar...works but doesn't give the pretty title screen.
  • No need to use the embed function here... the code here works it out. Just put in the url link in the thread or use the mountain function.
  • LOL...I just checked to see if I could find what you were trying to post...

I ended up at both of these...

watch?v=VnFzpBicjIk

hqdefault.jpg&sk=bYhST9krbnaGREUDVKmW2NChVTdnLR2dC&use_get_video_info=1&load_modules=1&fs=1&hl=en

The second one won't work for me:
    hqdefault.jpg&sk=bYhST9krbnaGREUDVKmW2NChVTdnLR2dC&use_get_video_info=1&load_modules=1&fs=1&hl=en
    The first one is funnier.
  • I only see one of yours Kristy...but..I can behave. :P

Let's try this?

YouTube - O.A.R. - That Was a Crazy Game of Poker
  • Yeah that one is the link at the end of my post...

I still think the first one would have been funnier...we never get any stuff like that in the music threads...

I dream of the day when someone responds with this:

watch?v=exGJsv6ZNlo&feature=related

save my ever-lovin' neck!