West London - Low Limit Holdem Home Game

I am thinking of hosting a (no rake) home game in west London from time to time in 2009. (Players would get at least 2 weeks notice.) The game would be 1-2 Limit Holdem. This would make the blinds 50 cents and 1 dollar. This is not a game for making money but rather a game those who enjoy playing for entertainment and improving your game. We could also play some 7 Card Stud if interest goes that way. If you think you would be interested and want more info let me know.

Comments

• Nice! I live too far away to play, but I'm impressed anyone would want to play a limit hold'em homegame! Do you think you'll get enough players to want to play LHE?
  • Big Mike wrote: »
    Nice! I live too far away to play, but I'm impressed anyone would want to play a limit hold'em homegame! Do you think you'll get enough players to want to play LHE?

I hope so, a person should have a hard time losing 50 buck and enjoy the evening without getting hurt. That may or may not be a deterrent. When I started the only no limit games in Vegas where private games, and the poker rooms had 1 to 5, 7 Card Stud, and 2-4, 4-8, and 5-10, limit holdem.
  • [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Big Mike wrote: »
    Nice! I live too far away to play, but I'm impressed anyone would want to play a limit hold'em homegame! Do you think you'll get enough players to want to play LHE?

You called it ... it seems there is no one in London interested in a limit hold'em home game. Besides I am not comfortable inviting a person I have never met to my home. I host about 12 games a year but we only have five or six players. I guess I should be happy with that.
    Now I have to figure out how to remove this thread.
  • Hello sir, I am interested in joining your 1/2 limit home game. I also live in West London and enjoy short handed limit live.
  • Meistro wrote: »
    Hello sir, I am interested in joining your 1/2 limit home game.

Things slow down in the summer with golf courses and cottages opening up. This thread was started last November. Like most it gets looked at but... I usually give players a couple weeks notice and if I get enough players the game is on, otherwise is rescheduled. I will keep you in mind for our next game.