November nine. Who ya got???

In keeping with my election thread from a couple weeks ago, who do you like, and why?

Me, I like the way that Dennis Phillips has been playing, at least from what I've seen on the web and TV. But I'll be rooting for Suharto, whose play has been fairly solid as well, imo.

Well? What about it, folks . . .

Comments

• Milo wrote: »
    In keeping with my election thread from a couple weeks ago, who do you like, and why?
    Me, I like the way that Dennis Phillips has been playing, at least from what I've seen on the web and TV. But I'll be rooting for Suharto, whose play has been fairly solid as well, imo.
    Well? What about it, folks . . .

I wanted to see that 'Michelle' chick win it all because she would have made poker history, but since she's out of the running now, I would have to put my money on Dennis Phillips.

Dennis Phillips is playing great poker i.m.o. and if he is able to avoid too many bad beats, he should be able to win it all.

I personally don't think that Suharto will win it, but you never know.
  • Sorry, but thinking further, could one of the mods, or Graham move this if you feel it necessary? Maybe it belongs in the WSOP sub-forum. Thanks.
  • If there was a poll, I'd vote for Scott Montgomery from Ontario, who I remember from the Ultimate Poker Challenge. If not, I'd want the Toronto accountant Darus Suharto to win, who I met at WPT Fallsview where he was the chip leader in his Day 1.

Dennis Phillips hired millionaire pro Roy Winston as his WSOP coach and they were playing the highest stakes cash games at Fallsview, but I'm surprised that he didn't put in any tournament practice at the WPT SNGs or the main event.
    Milo wrote: »
    could one of the mods, or Graham move this if you feel it necessary? Maybe it belongs in the WSOP sub-forum.
  • Sentimental favourite goes to Dennis Phillips, but personally I'll be cheering for Craig Marquis.
  • David Rheem has my vote; I like his attitude towards the game and confidence. See November Nine link:

World Series of Poker - Official Tournament Coverage and Results
  • Ouch did somebody above say that wanted Michelle to win?

I'm going for Chino

On a side not what the hell was Scott Montgomery doing on that infamous "clock" hand. What kind of bluff was that giving his opponent a million to one odds. And wtf was the other guy thinking about with those odds. Clock was gay but he really didn't need to think that long about it.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    If there was a poll, I'd vote for Scott Montgomery from Ontario, who I remember from the Ultimate Poker Challenge. If not, I'd want the Toronto accountant Darus Suharto to win, who I met at WPT Fallsview where he was the chip leader in his Day 1.

ewww, starfucker..did you get their autographs too?

I like underdogs and would cheer for Kim except for the stupid ass comment his girlfriend made...she annoyed me.

so the guy who got his 1010 smoked by 99 ftw!
  • I really wish that cute girl Tiffany would have won.

You men need to be put in your place. TeeHee!! :)
  • Rocco wrote: »
    I wanted to see that 'Michelle' chick win it all because she would have made poker history, but since she's out of the running now, I would have to put my money on Dennis Phillips.

Dennis Phillips is playing great poker i.m.o. and if he is able to avoid too many bad beats, he should be able to win it all.

I personally don't think that Suharto will win it, but you never know.

Right On Rocco! Yo Rocco!! :wink:
  • No, but Scott Montgomery has the most dangerous weapon in poker - a Math degree from the University of Waterloo! :o Waterloo will continue to dominate in 2008, just like Choron, SirWatts, timex, Nenad Medic, Glen Witmer ...
    Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    did you get their autographs too?
  • It's about time that talisman crapped out, don't you think?
    Really like Suharto and Phillips. Two guys who just play, you know? Not a lot of exaggerated emotional displays, no real needling of opponents, no cursing when beaten out of a pot. Classy players. Be nice to see one of those two win the Big One. Besides, in Phillips case, I gotta go with the guy closest to me in age.
  • PattyCakes wrote: »
    Right On Rocco! Yo Rocco!! :wink:

LOL! Thanks! :)
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    No, but Scott Montgomery has the most dangerous weapon in poker - a Math degree from the University of Waterloo! :o Waterloo will continue to dominate in 2008, just like Choron, SirWatts, timex, Nenad Medic, Glen Witmer ...
    Methinks that after our smashing Royal victory that perhaps the domination has moved east down the 401 a bit... :)
    See ya in Vegas next week Buddy...
  • I think either Demidov or Eastgate will take it down, but Phillips continues to run as hot as he did before then it would be tough for him not to win.......but I'm personally rooting for Eastgate!
  • PattyCakes wrote: »
    You men need to be put in your place. TeeHee!! :)

*sigh*

I puked in my mouth a little reading the 'TeeHee!! :)'
  • I have to say the Tiffany Michelle is not really that hot. Her ugly lips and idiot persona really don't do it for me.

Here's my official picks, 9th to 1st.

9th place - Kelly Kim - He's the short stack with about 10bb. I'm sure he'll play it well, but I have faith everyone's goal right away will be to knock him out.

8th place - Darus Suharto - Although I think he said he subscribed to some training sites and seems like a very intelligent guy, he knows he's an underdog and has the least amount of experience.

7th place - Ylon Schwartz - I believe he's mentioned that he's not getting any coaching. I think he's very competent but everyone is going to be super prepared, when this guy just took the last 4 months slacking. :P

6th palce - Chino Rheem - With plenty of live experience, David will be able to bully table if he gets a bigger stack. It's equally likely that he bluffs it all off or tries to make some crazy hero call.

5th - Craig Marquis - Altough he has some amazing resources available, being aquaintences with David Benifield and Tom Dwan, I think he might end up picking a bad spot to bluff and be gone.

4th - Peter Eastgate - I think he's the yongest player at the table and he'll be able to endure what will probably be a long-ass session. I think he'll end up getting trapped by one of the big stacks and be gone.

3rd - Dennis Phillips - He's chip leader, he seems to know how to extract max value from big hands and I'm sure his coaching has prepared him well, but I don't think he could have any real short handed experience and will get OPBAR'ed (out played beyond all recognition) by the remaining two and be out in 3rd.

2nd - Ivon Demidov - He seems quite solid, and is sitting on a nice stack, but he won't be able to close the deal. Like in any cliche, the Russian won't win.

1st - Scott Montgomery - He has a nice stack and a good amount of experience in major tourneys. He's mentioned that he's not going to receive coaching, but I think he'll still be well prepared and eventually will be our new champion.
  • tellbox wrote: »
    I have to say the Tiffany Michelle is not really that hot. Her ugly lips and idiot persona really don't do it for me.

Here's my official picks, 9th to 1st.

9th place - Kelly Kim - He's the short stack with about 10bb. I'm sure he'll play it well, but I have faith everyone's goal right away will be to knock him out.

8th place - Darus Suharto - Although I think he said he subscribed to some training sites and seems like a very intelligent guy, he knows he's an underdog and has the least amount of experience.

7th place - Ylon Schwartz - I believe he's mentioned that he's not getting any coaching. I think he's very competent but everyone is going to be super prepared, when this guy just took the last 4 months slacking. :P

6th palce - Chino Rheem - With plenty of live experience, David will be able to bully table if he gets a bigger stack. It's equally likely that he bluffs it all off or tries to make some crazy hero call.

5th - Craig Marquis - Altough he has some amazing resources available, being aquaintences with David Benifield and Tom Dwan, I think he might end up picking a bad spot to bluff and be gone.

4th - Peter Eastgate - I think he's the yongest player at the table and he'll be able to endure what will probably be a long-ass session. I think he'll end up getting trapped by one of the big stacks and be gone.

3rd - Dennis Phillips - He's chip leader, he seems to know how to extract max value from big hands and I'm sure his coaching has prepared him well, but I don't think he could have any real short handed experience and will get OPBAR'ed (out played beyond all recognition) by the remaining two and be out in 3rd.

2nd - Ivon Demidov - He seems quite solid, and is sitting on a nice stack, but he won't be able to close the deal. Like in any cliche, the Russian won't win.

1st - Scott Montgomery - He has a nice stack and a good amount of experience in major tourneys. He's mentioned that he's not going to receive coaching, but I think he'll still be well prepared and eventually will be our new champion.

Close, but no Cigar.
    Dennis Phillips will be the 2008 Main Event Champion.
    Trust me, I know.