bubbliscious

playing in a 'double or nothin' sng. down to the bubble.

Seat 1: WGC1234 (1045 in chips)
Seat 2: elrete7 (6690 in chips)
Seat 3: pkrfce9 (3265 in chips)
Seat 5: FastMike666 (1285 in chips)
Seat 6: gbdrunks (965 in chips)
Seat 9: Lothinger (1750 in chips)
WGC1234: posts the ante 20
elrete7: posts the ante 20
pkrfce9: posts the ante 20
FastMike666: posts the ante 20
gbdrunks: posts the ante 20
Lothinger: posts the ante 20
FastMike666: posts small blind 100
gbdrunks: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to pkrfce9 [Qd Qc]
Lothinger: folds
WGC1234: folds
elrete7: raises 600 to 800

i'm comfortable and can probably fold my way into the money barring some craziness.

big stack was playing a bit wild early and got lucky. took some heat from a couple of the others and now has been punishing the table mercilessly, stealing at least 3 out of 6 hands in the past several orbits. not so much the last few hands but then this came up...

bb is pretty much guaranteed to be calling here. he is very much on tilt and was complaining about all his big hands getting cracked. he recently lost a pot to the smaller-which-became-big stack when he called all-in with KK vs A6o.

i am supremely confident i am well ahead of the big stack here - at least 70/30.

does anyone fold here? smooth call? push?

i will post the results later.

Comments

• Dont reply! OBV tarp.

snapfold.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Dont reply! OBV tarp.
    and those tarps can be dangerous
  • I've never played a "double or nothing" SNG, but I think this is one of those rare situations where I would fold AA pre-flop against a raise. Do the five winners get slightly less than double because of the SNG fee?
    pkrfce9 wrote: »
    i'm comfortable and can probably fold my way into the money barring some craziness.
  • ding! 21.60 tourney with a 40.00 payout.
    BlondeFish wrote: »
    I've never played a "double or nothing" SNG, but I think this is one of those rare situations where I would fold AA pre-flop against a raise. Do the five winners get slightly less than double because of the SNG fee?
  • I push it.... 'cause that's how I roll. Someone else said Doyle? said it...or some variation of.."We are playing poker, not solitaire."
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I've never played a "double or nothing" SNG, but I think this is one of those rare situations where I would fold AA pre-flop against a raise. Do the five winners get slightly less than double because of the SNG fee?

There...
  • A 20 double or nothing.... meh. I push it and rock and roll. He probably hits his A and his 7 but WTF.

If it mattered if I cashed then I fold.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    If it mattered if I cashed then I fold.
    come on joe, it always matters! i don't play to lose (esp bubble). do you?
  • Sometimes I don't mind gambling it up if it's a small portion of my bankroll. I've played $1 SNG's and just sat there and pushed 20 hands in a row regardless of cards. If your playing to cash then fold.

BTW I just pushed my 33 on the double or nothing I'm playing.... report to follow

edit: Everyone folded still sitting in 2nd
  • liviing on the edge, eh? you da man!
  • I fold here 100%! why risk a 70-30 to an ace, when theres 2 players with like 5 bb left! You fold you stack is still healthy and you can wait for a better chance, hopefully one that will knock out on of the short stacks, thus ensuring a money finish!
  • Johnith wrote: »
    I fold here 100%!
    is the correct answer.

i did a bit of digging and found a nice calculator. hopefully it applies to double or nothing sngs. (i think so.)

not sure if the table below will come out legible but basically if CO pushes, (and he should be pushing with almost EVERY hand) i cannot call profitably with ANY hand. (by some strange coincidence i made the right decision.) SB should only call with AA and BB should only call with 99+.

CO99.5%, AA 22+ 3x+ BU0.0%, SB0.5%, AA BB0.5%, AA SB0.5%, AA BB0.5%, AA BB2.7%, 99+

amazingly, BB did have 99 and re-pushed. it was an easy call for CO, who turned over 77. of course i instantly regretted my fold, especially when a Q turned. then the river gave CO a 7-high 4-card flush and i felt better.

EDIT: ok, the table didn't come out. MY BAD
  • nope no table

[html]
    <TABLE WIDTH=100% BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0>
    <TR>
    <TD WIDTH=631 VALIGN=TOP>
    <DIV ID="main" DIR="LTR">
    <P><BR>
    </P>
    <DIV ID="body" DIR="LTR">
    <TABLE BORDER=1 CELLPADDING=3 CELLSPACING=2>
    <TR>
    <TD>
    <P>CO</P>
    </TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>99.5%, AA 22+ 3x+
    </P>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>BU</P>
    </TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>0.0%,
    </P>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>SB</P>
    </TD>
    <TD>
    <P>0.5%, AA
    </P>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>BB</P>
    </TD>
    <TD>
    <P>0.5%, AA
    </P>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>SB</P>
    </TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>0.5%, AA
    </P>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>BB</P>
    </TD>
    <TD>
    <P>0.5%, AA
    </P>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>BB</P>
    </TD>
    <TD></TD>
    <TD>
    <P>2.7%, 99+
    </P>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </DIV>
    </DIV>
    </TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    [/html]

anybody (besides corkey) know how to make a table?
  • You KNEW the correct answer is to fold 100%. If I wasn't the gambling type I fold 100%. from a cEV there is no profitable call, raise or anything. Despite that I ship it maybe 30% of the time depending on my mood.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    anybody ... know how to make a table?
    I have tried before, but I don't think the forum software can handle HTML or tables. I was able to look at your table by copying it to an HTML editor, but I still don't understand why you have four rows of "0.5%, AA". ???
    BB did have 99 and re-pushed. it was an easy call for CO, who turned over 77. of course i instantly regretted my fold, especially when a Q turned. then the river gave CO a 7-high 4-card flush and i felt better.
    If you and the BB had both gone all-in, would you have gotten the $40, since the BB had less chips and would technically be sixth place?
    i did a bit of digging and found a nice calculator. hopefully it applies to double or nothing sngs. (i think so.)
    I would think an ICM calculator applies to any SNG. Did you discover a different calculator?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I would think an ICM calculator applies to any SNG.
    i kind of do, too but i was thinking with straight icm, it factors in all the possibilities for various places, whereas with these tournies, they are much more like a satellite. maybe icm works properly for satellites, too. i guess i've never seen much discussion of this.
  • These tourneys are usually full of weak tight players.....then again im playing PLO. I still shove with QQ tho.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    maybe icm works properly for satellites, too.
    Yes, I can confirm that ICM works for satellites. :D The Independent Chip Model simply estimates the value of chips (assuming similar skill) in ANY tournament, including satellites, SNGs, Royal Cup, :-X WSOP final table and even MTTs (much harder to estimate).
  • If he's liable to check it down if the BB calls.......I call. If he's too stupid, I fold.