Heads-Up Finals - TONIGHT and STREAMING LIVE!!

Hi everyone,

The 2008 Heads-up Finals is scheduled to start tonight (Monday) at 9pm EST this evening. We'll be attempting to run the event LIVE, via streaming video and it will be hosted at this URL...

BristolStreet

This is my first time trying this, so I make no guarantee as to the quality or availability of the stream. :) If something goes horribly wrong, I'll make sure to post here.

See you tonight!!

Comments

• that is too wild! hopefully this is the future of pokerforum tournaments to come.
  • This IS awesome.

Wondering, if Zithal doesn't mind, if someone wants to volunteer to deal...?

stp
  • I don't mind at all, but I won't be able to.

Also if someone has booked-marked the above link, it's been changed and moved the site I originally wanted to host it on.

Should be interesting!!
  • Guess I better go for a manicure.
  • Great intro video. Who are the two "hot lesbians" and will they be shown licking "snacks" tonight? >:D
  • Anyone care to place a friendly wager on the outcome? Say $10? I've got whomever is to the left on the screen!
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Anyone care to place a friendly wager on the outcome? Say $10? I've got whomever is to the left on the screen!

You have a bet sir
  • Rob, you've outdone yourself man...if this works for you it'll change Poker in KW forever!!!

Good luck!
  • bump to the top
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    You have a bet sir

So I guess I have Dave right?

Can I get a ruling here....the bet is for the 1st heads up match.....?!?!?
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    So I guess I have Dave right?

Can I get a ruling here....the bet is for the 1st heads up match.....?!?!?
    Guess it really didn't matter. ;)

Congrats Shannon!!!
  • gg guys. wp shannon.

Great job Zithal, that was quite cool.
  • Thanks to Rob for hosting this event, wish I could have watched the podcast but I guess being part of it and winning the $365.00 is better hehe.

Dave. Great tournament and Congrats on your eventual POY Award, an amazing feat for sure! Most consistent player this year for sure. Runner up in this tournament is pretty fantastic man.

Thanks to all for the congrats.

stp
  • GG Shannon.

Sorry for the poor showing tonight. I think tonights match was a result of our first one. I never got anything going in that one and tonights started out the same way. I am always aggresive in heads up and I never got any solid hands either night. Everytime I tried to bluff, Shannon would always make the correct read. Then I think I lost my patience and tried to get back my chips too quickly. The only times I had a pocket pair, he had a higher one.

Shannon is very tough to play whether you are getting cards or not. Two undefeated victories in three years of this Heads Up tournament is awesome. I knocked him out last year and I had to get very lucky to do it. Congrats and hope you run just as good next week in Vegas.

Thanks for a great tournament Rob. It is always fun playing in any Bristol. See everyone on Wednesday. At least now I have lots of rebuy cash.
  • Congrats Shannon!

Sorry I was able to control the video for the whole match. It was a neat first attempt and I learned a bunch. It's something that'll definitely make a return.

Any comments you have, please make them so I some ideas on what to work on for next time.
  • Yeah higher angle.
  • congrats shannon. you played very well..

you both deserved to be there.
  • Good game both of you...Congrats Shannon!

Rob, I thought it was very cool. Only a couple of things...better lighting over the table, and better position of the camera over the cards. Sometimes it was difficult to see the cards. Other than that, it was very well done.

A new concept in live poker, brought to you first by Bristol St!
  • If you had the camera in the center of the table, we both could have shown our cards preflop. The way we were sitting, Shannon could show his cards but I had to get up and walk around the table to show mine.

Also didn't like the way Shannon would show his hand after I folded and then laugh.:wink:
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Any comments you have, please make them so I some ideas on what to work on for next time.
    for a live, first-time production, this was much much better than i expected. well done.

the video quality was surprisingly good. a bit higher resolution, if possible and probably slightly better lighting would have made it easier to see the cards.

a commentator would have been very helpful to fully understand all the action and the comments of the players.

multi-camera would have been awesome.

the graphic overlays were very nice. even better if they could have been updated more quickly.

any way you can save these and put them on youtube or something similar? i'm sure others would be interested to see some of these from time to time.
  • I f**ked up the save. Went to do it, but I think I hit a combination of buttons in the wrong order as it didn't work.

For anyone interested, the site I used was mogutu.com It's apparently still in beta, and has some very cool features but with still some limitations..

- In order to pull in a second video feed, you need a second camera hooked up to a second computer. I'm going to see if my digital camera will work off my laptop. Having a wide shot and a top down shot would be really nice. That said, if I did get a second or third borrowed camera... cuing is easy.

- But... it only accepts one audio/video feed at a time and you can only define one per computer. In it's current incarnation this means it's impossible to have a "announce team" on a second mic, and if you switched shots, you'd also be switching to the audio/video combination on the second camera, which may be awkward.

- The best alternative for the announce team would be to have a dealer calling out the action.

- For the setup, it definitely needed more direct lighting. The big complicating factor for me was that the Firewire (connecting the video camera to the computer) was only 5 feet long, so anything I did had to take that into account. You should see my basement; the computer is half way into the room, there are wires strung tight everywhere and it's a bit of a mess. :)

- A better set up is to move the "feature table into the center of the room, bring the computer into the poker room and have everything as tight as possible there. That should give more flexability, better lighting and allow the direct to view chip counts to update quicker. It would also help if the host hadn't already made plans to have friends over to watch tv that night. :) It worked out that Monday was going to be the best night, so it was a bit of a scramble. :)

Great comments so far.
  • Does this mean I have to come dressed up?
    I will still have my $5.00 corsage hanging out of my chest pocket for easy access

Great Job Rob

Milton Slim,ddmilcan,snowflake,member of the Rocks RCV1 Champs
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    Milton Slim,ddmilcan,snowflake,cupcake,member of the Rocks RCV1 Champs
    fyp
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    fyp

Forget sometimes, I thinK?

Milton..................... you know
  • ddmilcan wrote: »
    Does this mean I have to come dressed up?
    I will still have my $5.00 corsage hanging out of my chest pocket for easy access

Great Job Rob

Milton Slim,ddmilcan,snowflake,member of the Rocks RCV1 Champs

I prefer if there were no cameras at MXM for blackmailing purposes. I won't even bring mine!