the closes i got was 300ish out of 10k players

if so what is ur tip in these freeroll

Comments

• Facecard99 wrote: »
    i've been playing it for awhile now
    has anyone won any of it ?
    the closes i got was 300ish out of 10k players

if so what is ur tip in these freeroll

Even if it's a freeroll, besting 10000 players is pretty tough. Best advice is to be patient and wait for big hands and bet them fast.

Better advice would be to get some cash on to stars and play smaller tournaments like 18 player SnGs.
  • I had a side project going over the last 2 months where I occasionally had to drop everything on a seconds notice and go. For that reason, I was avoiding large-field real $ tourneys (my norm) and pretty much only playing Stars freerolls just to 'stay in the game'.

Tellbox is right. Those things are total donkeyfests. If you want to make top 88 of 10,000, the best bet is to just sit back, wait for premium hands, play them strong (or trap if they are monsters) and you'll probably get paid off big when you get them. Unless you get cold-decked with KK vs. AA or something, you can pretty much cruise into the top 1,500 without doing anything special. After that, you'll hopefully have an idea of which players remaining on your table are the lucky donks and which have being playing solid/solidish and play them accordingly.

I think I played about 20-25 of them in the 2 months (mostly in forms of poker other than NLHE which I am much, much less experienced with) and made the top 88 twice by playing conservatively until the very last stages. Still, the approximate value of the ticket you are playing for is $1. Not great for 4-5 hours of play (and that's only when you win one).