Charity Tourney (Hwy 401 & DVP/404)

Great location -- Just off Hwys 401 & DVP/404.

Full capacity is only about 60-80 seats and will once again be sold on a first come first served basis. Tickets must be purchased in advance.

SORRY, NO WALK UPS.
YOU MUST PRE-REGISTER TO ATTEND THIS EVENT.

clear.gif

Back by popular demand, Moes 4 A Cure will be hosting a Charity Poker Tournament in benefit of JDRF as part of their 4th annual fundraiser for the charity. Come out and showcase your skills at Texas Hold’em all while raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation! But hurry... space is limited and ticket prices go up November 1st. For more information or to reserve your seat, send us an email or visit www.16guysnamedmoe.comclear.gif.

DATE:
Thursday, November 20, 2008

TIME:
6:30pm - Registration, snacks and refreshments
7:30pm - Shuffle up and deal

PARKING:
Free

TICKETS:
$100 (+ $50 donation) before November 1st
$200 after October 31st
Optional unlimited rebuys within the first hour ($75)
Optional one-time add-on at the end of the first hour ($75)

TAX RECEIPT:
A charitable tax receipt will be issued to all participants for 33% of their combined entry fee, rebuys and add-ons.

SNACKS & BEVERAGES:
Finger food, pop and water to be provided.
Additional beverages may be purchased at the Fox & Fiddle Pub, conveniently located adjacent to the Synergy Room.

PRIZES:
Last year's 1st place finisher won $3,000.
Top 10% of participants are winners.

Comments

• Hi. Just a short note to let you know we'll be extending the earlybird price for a few more days over the weekend till Nov 3rd. Thanks.
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    Do you have a an AGCO/OLG approved license for this charity event?

Sorry, I just can't risk my job playing in one of these events if it is not sanctioned.

If you have nothing of value to add to this thread, then keep your comments to yourself. What value do these comments add?? If you will only play in OLG approved tournaments, then that is your decision. I personally like to know about these tournaments so I have options to play outside of the government run poker rooms. Making these idiotic statements adds little value to this thread or forum. Get off your fucking high horse already.
  • its more the approach that bothers me; its just as easy to say, 'have you looked into a licence for the event?' This forum is to promote poker, not discourage it.
  • Hello,

I understand your concern.
    The event has the backing of the charity.
    They have also included our event on their website which can be viewed here:
    3rdParty Events : Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Canada
  • Unfortunately, 13CARDS is right that without an AGCO license number, any raked-for-charity poker game is probably illegal under the anti-poker laws.
    13CARDS wrote: »
    You do realize that some people don't know the laws about running charity poker tournaments? Would be pretty bad is they held this event, it got busted and all of their efforts to raise money for JDRF was for nothing.
  • It would be absolutely shameful for this tournament to be considered an underground activity. There's no way the secret police is this insensitive is there? As for rake, from what I understand, the charitable donation is separate from the tourney fees so it can be argued it is rake free.
  • I played at a 'charity' tournament recently at the Toronto Board of Trade for United Way. Most large charities have illegal tournaments all the time.
  • I've played in a charity tourney where the beneficiary was for a police group. :)
  • Thank you to all that attended.
    We had a great turnout and were able to raise about $8000 for the charity from the tourney alone.
    Our online auction goes for about another week for anyone that is interested.
    Items include a Leafs Private Box, Raptors Tix, WWE Supershow Tix, an Executive Poker Set and more.
    Moes 4 A Cure Auction

Thanks again,
    Mike
  • Moes 4 A Cure is back for its 5th charity fundraiser for JDRF. Please join us!

Full capacity is only about 60-80 seats and will once again be sold on a first come first served basis. Tickets must be purchased in advance.

SORRY, NO WALK UPS.

Back by popular demand, Moes 4 A Cure will be hosting a Charity Poker Tournament in benefit of JDRF as part of their 5th fundraiser for the charity. Come out and showcase your skills at Texas Hold’em all while raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation! But hurry... space is limited and ticket prices go up November 1st. For more information or to reserve your seat, send us an email or visit 16guysnamedmoe.com/charity

DATE:
    Thursday, November 17, 2011

TIME:

PARKING:
    Free

TICKETS:
    $150 before November 1st
    $200 after October 31st
    Optional unlimited rebuys within the first hour ($80)
    Optional one-time add-on at the end of the first hour ($80)

TAX RECEIPT:
    A charitable tax receipt will be issued to all participants for a portion of the fees paid

SNACKS & BEVERAGES:
    Pizza, pop and water to be provided.
    Additional beverages may be purchased from cash bar.

PRIZES:
    Top prize estimated gain to be $3,000.
    Prizes for making final table
    First our prize
    Bounty prizes
    Door prizes

OTHER:
    Silent auction
    Games and raffles
  • Moes 4 A Cure is back for its 5th charity fundraiser for JDRF. Please join us!

SORRY, NO WALK UPS.

Back by popular demand, Moes 4 A Cure will be hosting a Charity Poker Tournament in benefit of JDRF as part of their 5th fundraiser for the charity. Come out and showcase your skills at Texas Hold’em all while raising money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation! But hurry... space is limited and ticket prices go up November 1st. For more information or to reserve your seat, send us an email or visit 16guysnamedmoe.com/charity

DATE:
    Thursday, November 17, 2011

TIME:

PARKING:
    Free

TICKETS:
    $150 before November 1st
    $200 after October 31st
    Optional unlimited rebuys within the first hour ($80)
    Optional one-time add-on at the end of the first hour ($80)

TAX RECEIPT:
    A charitable tax receipt will be issued to all participants for a portion of the fees paid

SNACKS & BEVERAGES:
    Pizza, pop and water to be provided.
    Additional beverages may be purchased from cash bar.

PRIZES:
    Top prize estimated gain to be $3,000.
    Prizes for making final table
    First our prize
    Bounty prizes
    Door prizes

OTHER:
    Silent auction
    Games and raffles
  • Hi everyone - just wanted to let you know Canadian Poker Pro Jeff "The Acetenbomber" Burnett has confirmed that he will be playing at our event. Come out for a chance to play against (and possibly eliminate?) a professional poker player!

Earlybird ticket prices are good until the end of the month.
    Thanks!
  • Hi everyone - just wanted to let you know Canadian Poker Pro Jeff "The Acetenbomber" Burnett has confirmed that he will be playing at our event. Come out for a chance to play against (and possibly eliminate?) a professional poker player!

Thanks!
  • mikeymoe wrote: »
    just wanted to let you know Canadian Poker Pro Jeff "The Acetenbomber" Burnett has confirmed that he will be playing at our event.

Urm . . . this is a selling point? :D
  • Mods . . . why am I getting a Windows security warning everytime I click on this thread?
  • mikeymoe wrote: »
    Hi everyone - just wanted to let you know Canadian Poker Pro Jeff "The Acetenbomber" Burnett has confirmed that he will be playing at our event. Come out for a chance to play against (and possibly eliminate?) a self professed professional poker player!

Thanks!
    FYP... Who the h*** is he? Has he ever won a Ching Hill, OPT, Buzzzarrd, Bristol, or Royal event? Even Watts has participated and won some of these...
  • Merged threads. Please don't crosspost across multiple forums. Also moved to Ontario poker..
  • Milo wrote: »
    Mods . . . why am I getting a Windows security warning everytime I click on this thread?

Same
  • Milo wrote: »
    Mods . . . why am I getting a Windows security warning everytime I click on this thread?

Be pretty cool if you could add a password to a thread.
  • Last call. We're one week away.
    Tickets are staying at $150 (includes a charitable tax receipt for a portion of the fees paid).

Hope to see you there.

- M