Annoying neighbors

I got sick of the annoying lady upstairs the other day in my apt building, everyday..."tap tap tap tap tap..." Not anymore. I followed her to the laudromat yesterday and grabbed that white cane of hers. The tapping has stopped but the banging and crashing sure is getting annoying now...

Then...last night there was this loud argument out in the hall of my apartment building, between these two guys...I was trying to sleep. I went out that and told them to knock it off or I was going to use some "kung foo" on their asses...that scared them off...Plus I was naked... and had a gun.

Anyone else live in a place like this?

Comments

• Hahaha... no, don't live in a crackhouse, but do tell more stories! :)
  • The guy who lives in the apartment next to me is a bit of a weirdo...he was in the Vietnam war and everytime he hears a loud noise he screams and hides...too bad though, I have alot of hammering to do.

And just today the guy across the hall comes over and tells me my cat is in the swimming pool...I apologised and explained to him that with all this heat the cat is a regular Jaques Cousteau. I just can't keep him away from water...

Then he tells me that I am not understanding...my cat, along with a large rock, and three and a half feet of duct tape are in the pool...

I said "hmm...I don't recall using that much duct tape..Are you sure it is my cat?"

Definitely time to move...
  • My new neighbours either:

a: have a dog that digs in his kennel at all hours
    b: have a love of sawing.

Thoughts, suggestions?
  • When you come home each evening, slip a baby rattlesnake or two under their door..

Or..you could start a new exercise regime..get one of those videos where you do kung fu moves to loud disco music..just be careful not to break anyone's spine next time you are out dancing.
  • I got sick of the annoying lady upstairs the other day in my apt building, everyday..."tap tap tap tap tap..." Not anymore. I followed her to the laudromat yesterday and grabbed that white cane of hers. The tapping has stopped but the banging and crashing sure is getting annoying now...

Then...last night there was this loud argument out in the hall of my apartment building, between these two guys...I was trying to sleep. I went out that and told them to knock it off or I was going to use some "kung foo" on their asses...that scared them off...Plus I was naked... and had a gun.

Anyone else live in a place like this?

Nope, I am fortunate enough to live in a nice big house in North Texas. The only noise I have to deal with is the kid when he is whining and the wife when she is in a bad mood.
    Fortunately, my wife is usually in a good mood. Unfortunately, my kid is usually whining about something.
  • My neighbor is a peach! After my lady and I had been living here for a month our neighbor came over and knocked on the door. It had been a busy long week for us so we had both fallen asleep on the couch with the tv on very low volume. The neighbor informs us that our music is far too loud and she has just returned from an outpatient surgery and now she cannot sleep because of us. She was convinced that it was us and would not be convinced otherwise. Even after I invited her in to see for herself that there was no music, loud or otherwise, playing.
    Around a year later she comes over, clearly upset, and tells me that she is considering hiring a lawyer and suing us for harassment. She was in such a rage she could barely speak coherently. I finally managed to get her to tell me that she "knows" that I carefully and deliberately place a dead mouse on her lawn. She "knew" this because another neighbor saw me do it and took a picture of it. I called her bluff and told her to produce said picture. She refused to but remained adamant that there was photographic evidence of this thing that I supposedly did and I was the one who was lying. Clearly she believes that she is the subject of much interest to us. The only time I pay her any mind is when she's being batshit insane or relating the stories to friends of how she's batshit insane.
    Aaaannnnyyywwwayyyss. Good times. Good times.
    The lesson here is, mental illness is not a laughing matter. Unless of course you're one of my friends, who find this all to be incredibly hilarious because it's not their neighbor.
  • Ask her how old she is. When she refuses to tell you, say "it's ok, I will wait until you are asleep, cut you in half and count the rings.."

-The cops don't typically find it that funny either.
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    My neighbor is a peach! After my lady and I had been living here for a month our neighbor came over and knocked on the door. It had been a busy long week for us so we had both fallen asleep on the couch with the tv on very low volume. The neighbor informs us that our music is far too loud and she has just returned from an outpatient surgery and now she cannot sleep because of us. She was convinced that it was us and would not be convinced otherwise. Even after I invited her in to see for herself that there was no music, loud or otherwise, playing.
    Around a year later she comes over, clearly upset, and tells me that she is considering hiring a lawyer and suing us for harassment. She was in such a rage she could barely speak coherently. I finally managed to get her to tell me that she "knows" that I carefully and deliberately place a dead mouse on her lawn. She "knew" this because another neighbor saw me do it and took a picture of it. I called her bluff and told her to produce said picture. She refused to but remained adamant that there was photographic evidence of this thing that I supposedly did and I was the one who was lying. Clearly she believes that she is the subject of much interest to us. The only time I pay her any mind is when she's being batshit insane or relating the stories to friends of how she's batshit insane.
    Aaaannnnyyywwwayyyss. Good times. Good times.
    The lesson here is, mental illness is not a laughing matter. Unless of course you're one of my friends, who find this all to be incredibly hilarious because it's not their neighbor.

You should consider setting up a hidden camera for whenever she harrasses you again.
    Then you will have the actual video / audio evidence of her to show the police so that she will back the hell off.
    If you really want to piss her off, then file a restraining order against her first, before she does it to you.