The Matrix

Anyone playing these tournies on Tilt? I am messing around low level with them..but they are fun! 4 sng's simultaneously, with the same 6 or 9 players at each table..

If you have no distractions at all..they are great..lol..lots of time to just play good hands..faster pace than heads up..action junkies apply

Comments

• I am now interested... definitely gonna check these out. So you play 4 tables, all same people? Counts as 4 buyins?
  • No the buyin is divided by 4. Why would you multi-table for 1/4 the buyin? You would have to play for 4x your normal buyin to make it worthwhile. It is the stupiest idea ever.
  • moose wrote: »
    No the buyin is divided by 4. Why would you multi-table for 1/4 the buyin? You would have to play for 4x your normal buyin to make it worthwhile. It is the stupiest idea ever.

It's actually divided by 5. There is a side prize for the best overall finishes (1-3). If you win them all, you get the entire side prize pool.
  • ha ha gl winning 4 sngs playing h/u simultaneously.
  • only if they can add KO to matrix ^^
    anybody interest in pokerforum matrix
    it would be fun
  • It is a nice change of pace..even though, as some have suggested, the value may not be worth it. I would recommend avoiding anything under the 10 buck mark though, as I have found it is pretty much a freeroll..and any two will do...hardly poker.

KO actually counts for extra points in the overall matrix score..

I have been in the top 2 on 3 tables..but haven't managed all 4 yet..lol..
  • I was reading the promo on this today and it sounds like it'd be a fun experiment. I agree though, that you'd have to have no interruptions, and if you were hu on 4 tables you might get carpal. :)
  • I tried a 6 man $22 and won 2 came 3rd in 2 others. IT was a turbo so needless to say it turned into an all in fest fast.
  • After thinking about this a bit more, it seems like a dumb idea... why not just play 4 SNGs simultaneously instead of the matrix. That way you don't lose that 1/5th of the prizepool for the matrix winners due to one bad game.
  • Yes and matrix sngs count as five sngs WTF? towards the total number of sngs you can play at once on FT. Therefore you can only register for 2 at a time.
  • They seem pretty horrid but have extremely low variance if you're just looking to kill time I guess, I tried a couple and they aren't worth the time
  • Yeah played one $33, got 2 firsts, a third, won the matrix pool and still made less money than if I had played a single $33 and won it and barely more than 2nd place.

$27+27+10.80+27 = $91.80

Regular sng 1st $135, 2nd $81 3rd $54

Waste of time, considering I could have 4 tabled $33 sngs and made waaaaay more.

Can't see these lasting until Christmas...
  • Matrix....Horrible idea. If I wanted to play a $5 tourney instead of a $26 tounrey I would. Makes zero sense. 1/5 of BI for each table and matrix, someone must be bored at FTP making drinks and thinking of games. Anyone else get dizzy from it. Felt different then when I usually mutli table. Maybe because of the same avatars.
  • A couple of my buddy's have a theory on why they designed this matrix style tourney. It is to get everyone accustomed to playing multitables so players will then do the same thing with cash games to increase the sites rake.

I know there are many players that play 10-20 tables but the majority of recreational players have problems playing over 4-6 tables profitably....

This is just a way to inch them closer to that.