$1000 gift card to future shop
Nintendo Wii
Xbox 360
IPOD Touch

Lots more.

For details contact Fabio at 416-364-0181 ext 2502
You must register by Oct 21st.

Comments

• Not sure why your posts keep going moderated (I think because the word iPod or something), but I went ahead and approved it.
  • As I asked in your 1st thread, if you want much positive response around here you may want to explain what sort of buyin it is, rebuys, etc, chip counts, blind length, etc. Also what % of the prize pool is being taken for charity and is any being kept for organizers?
  • A donation of $125 get's you into the game. A full tax receipt will be issued. 100% of the proceeds goes to the Gift of Life. There will be rebuy's. Blind's will increase every 30min and then get shorter as the evening goes on.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions. Registering for the game guarantee's you a seat. We don't have far to go to max out we are 80% full
  • So the entire entry fee goes to the charity? Nothing to the players?
  • well if entire money go toward charity, and players can only receive 2000 carabrea vacation, and future shop gift card and so on.

This is a joke.

Good luck, players in this site are too smart.
  • xbox ( 199.99 value)
    wii (299.99 value)
    $1000 gift certificate= buy in tournament $125 (1000 is good prize, but cash, not gift card)
  • i know i enjoy giving these 'charity' games a hard time because they are not legit in the eyes of the law.

this one, however, i think is legit. from the sounds of it, they have gotten sponsors to donate the prizes so that all the proceeds can go to the charity, which also sounds legit. you do get a tax receipt, which i would say adds credence to the legitimacy of this as a charity event.

this is not the greatest proposition for the hard-core players here but it does sound like a fun night out for a good cause. best of luck.
  • Here's the link with more details:

Rotary Club Forest Hill - Gift of Life Charity Poker Night

Definitely a legit charity event. If the value of the prizes offered + the tax receipt + the value of helping this particular cause = full value to you, go for it.
  • Thank you for your support. We are almost full. If you pro's want to play a bunch of amateurs at poker and win a Carribean Vacation, here is your chance to clean up.

Give me a shout.

Fabio 416-364-0181 ext 2502
  • what is the buy-in for these smaller 10 man tournaments mentioned? do you have to play in the main tournament to be able to play in the 10 an smaller tournaments? how much are the rebuys and for how many chips? any add on?
  • Yes you do have to participate in the main tournament to play in the small 10 person tournaments.
    For the 10 person tournaments It depends what prize you want to win. For example, for a $200 donation to the charity you have a chance of winning a 42" Plasma, for $50 donation it will be an XBox 360, For $100 a $1000 gift card at Future Shop.
    The re-buys or top up's fo rthe main tournament will be aproximatley $50 to get (i believe) Half the chips you started with.

Give me a shout to register. I hope this helps.

We only have a couple of tables left.

• I have room for two more tables of ten left. Get in on this soon as they are filling up. Once these are full no more will be accepted.

Fabio at 416-364-0181 ext 2502
  • 5 seats left. Thank you for all your support.

Call in to reserve your seat. All proceeds go to charity.