Two orbits and gone

I made a trip to the Brantford CC today with my girlfriend, my buddy and his lady. I knew they wouldn't want to stay long but was hoping that I could quickly hit a 2/5 or 5/10 table. Within 20 minutes I was playing 5/10 with my usual $200 starting cash. I've never left a LH table this quickly.

I post my BB on the button, QJoff and limp. Flop comes A Q x. EP bets, MP calls, I call. Turn J. check, check, I bet. EP folds, MP calls. River Q. MP checks, I bet....he raises, I re-reaise and he folds.

The dealer says to me "with a name like Shannon you must be a lucky Irishman". I tip her $2 and say "yeah lets hope so, lets keep this luck going". It did.

Very next hand Ah Jh, I raise in LP. 5 Callers. Flop Kc Qc x. EP bets, I call, LP calls, everyone else folds. Turn 10c. EP checks, I bet, LP calls....EP Raises...we both call. River 10s. EP bets, I call, LP Raises. EP folds, I call. He shows A10, I win with my straight. I tip the dealer who is sitting right beside me.

3rd hand Qh Jh

I limp in with 4 other players. Flop 10, 8, 3 rainbow. EP (same guy that check-raised me in the first hand and then folded) bets, I call, LP calls. Turn K (giving me the open ended str8) EP bets, I call, LP folds. River J. EP bets, I call thinking he was playing his 10 hard. He flips over A9 and my J is good. The guy sitting across from me says "three in a row" and nods.

I fold my next two hands and then pick up AQ. I raise and get 5 callers!! No respect for me I guess. Flop comes 7, 10, 2 rainbow. I bet and 3 call me. Turn was a rag, EP bets...I fold. A guy with 4s 6s ended up winning this hand with the runner runner flush, he cold called my raise with 4s 6s, I'm thinking "yes" and say to him "My AQ was no match for your spades, nice hand." He doesn't reply. I'm Thinking "ok?".

I'm being honest here....

Next 5 hands... I get JJ and raise, one caller. Flop Ac 3c 5c...I bet he calls. Turn 5s, I bet, he calls. I'm thinking this guy is looking for another club and I'm hoping that my Jc is good enough if it falls. River 3s. We both check and he shows Kc 2c for the high flush, I lose.

OK, OK...this isn't going to go the way you think...Unless you think I'm going to start winning ...then you are correct!

Next hand A7 off, I limp. Flop comes 6, 8, 9 rainbow. I bet and get one caller (the guy that called my earlier AQ raise with 4s6s). Turn J. Wow this guy is giving away everything with his body language. I bet, he calls. Keep chasing sir (is what im thinking). River K, and this guy looks at his cards right away and shakes his head in disgust. I bet and he folds. I pat myself on the back (in my head of course).

Next...Ad 7d...can I really be playing this many hands? I limp. Flop doesnt help at all and I fold to a EP bet.

Next....I actually say "wow" outloud when I look down and see AA. Never had this many premium hands in a short period of time. I raise and get one caller, Im happy about this as getting aces cracked will get me tilting a bit. Flop 6, 7, 8 rainbow. I bet and the "check-raiser" from my Ah Jh straight hand calls. I'm expecting another check-raise. Turn 9. He actually bets into me, I reluctantly call thinking he hit a straight. River K. He bets, I call. He shows J 9 for a pair of nines, I win.

Next hand 99, I raise and get two callers. Finally getting some respect! Flop comes 10, Q, x. I bet and everyone folds. I show 99. The dealer and I have had some decent banter throughout, she's loving me because I'm tipping her and I'm loving her 60 year old self for obvious reasons, shes giving me money!!

I count my money and am up to $434.50. The dealer is leaving for break and I decide to say to her "I think i'm leaving with you". The guy across from me that was ealrier counting my consecutive wins says "you're gonna take your money and run?" I say "yeah sorry, I've played enough poker to know that that kinda luck eventually runs out" He says "but you just won 4 in a row", I say "good luck guys, good game" and leave.

Online or B&M I like to leave once I've doubled my initial buy-in, helps me know when to leave, plus I knew my friends wouldnt want to stay long. PLUS, I basically won my entry into the Ultimate Poker Challenge which I will be registering for on October 28th. To sum up, I had QhJh, QJ, AA, 99, JJ, AhJh, Ad7d, A7, AQ, A3 (which I didnt post about because I folded it to 3 bets before me) within two orbits. Nice :)

I was at this table for less then two orbits (20minutes) before I left up $234.50. Good times!

stp

Comments

• Online or B&M I like to leave once I've doubled my initial buy-in, helps me know when to leave, plus I knew my friends wouldnt want to stay long.

I also tells you that you are in an amazing game and should stick around longer! I understand in your particular situation you needed to leave, but I do not think setting a win cap is a good idea.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    I also tells you that you are in an amazing game and should stick around longer! I understand in your particular situation you needed to leave, but I do not think setting a win cap is a good idea.

It's worked well for me up to this point but yes I have questioned it's logic on a number of occasions. I would have loved to stay at this particular game today. Great point though.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    I was at this table for less then two orbits (20minutes) before I left up $234.50. Good times!

stp
    congratz styboy :)

regards,
    CO :canada:
  • congratz styboy :)

regards,
    CO :canada:

Thanks CO, no sty's here though ;)

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    Thanks CO, no sty's here though ;)

stp