Limit SnG - pocket kings - fold, call or raise?

The Villian seems pretty loose and somewhat passive. He was calling pretty much anything. He only bet or raised when he had something. I was stuck.

This is the first limit game I have played in a while. I was thinking that if I called this raise, I would have been inclined to call more, and more. But then, with limit if it were just two of us, I would have only had to call two bets, right?

What would the correct answer be here?

I could put this guy on any hand at this point. He was calling raises and re-raises with almost nothing, but for sure knows the power of positioning (he folded quite a few UTG and SB pre-flop).

Either way, did he have an A?

***** Hand History for Game 7403049388 *****
60/120 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (Limit) (STT Tournament 42155943) - Thu Sep 25 17:24:11 EDT 2008
Table Table 126772 (Real Money) -- Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: adprocas (1790)
Seat 2: tonyballony (860)
Seat 3: havsumofthat (1030)
Seat 4: MikeBB333 (4730)
Seat 5: mandelmand (3910)
Seat 6: remcoseeder (1060)
Seat 7: Stallion283 (1180)
Seat 9: perky54 (1280)
Seat 10: Wuls1112 (4160)
remcoseeder posts small blind (30)
Stallion283 posts big blind (60)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to adprocas [ Ks, Kh ]
perky54 folds
Wuls1112 folds
adprocas raises (120) to 120
tonyballony folds
havsumofthat folds
MikeBB333 calls (120)
mandelmand calls (120)
remcoseeder calls (90)
Stallion283 calls (60)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Jc, 3d, 9c ]
remcoseeder bets (60)
Stallion283 folds
adprocas raises (120) to 120
MikeBB333 calls (120)
mandelmand calls (120)
remcoseeder calls (60)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ As ]
remcoseeder checks
adprocas bets (120)
MikeBB333 raises (240) to 240
mandelmand folds
remcoseeder folds

Comments

• You only have 2 bets to showdown here (call-check-call). Everyone else folded.

Did he have an Ace? Who the hell knows. The pot is huge here - it really doesnt matter.

But its limit and I like to click buttons so I call.
  • of course he had it. One of them certainly did. The rest folding is a dead giveaway.

"He only bet or raised when he had something."

DEAD giveaway
  • adpro wrote: »
    ***** Hand History for Game 7403049388 *****
    60/120 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (Limit) (STT Tournament 42155943) - Thu Sep 25 17:24:11 EDT 2008

I have bolded your problem.

Ps. Do you always play the pacific mtts? PM me your msn.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »

I know. I forgot to mention that I accidentally went into limit. I wanted NL.

And no, I don't play these on pacific. This was partypoker.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »

Unless you are talking about the mtt I just played on Wednesday. The $55 $20,000 Guarantee? I played in that and came 86th.

I won a seat to that one from another tournament with JustJacks (not sure if you heard of them), so I played. That's the first time I played there.

Why, were you playing? I don't remember seeing your name in there, and that's something I would have picked up on for sure. I am supposed to play in another one tomorrow, it's a freeroll, but I don't know if I am going to play in it.

Either way, I mostly play on party poker at the moment.

Anyway, back on topic.

I ended up folding and I felt weird doing it. I should have either calls both of the bets cause I had a chance, or folded, cause I knew I was beat. I would say I felt 99.9% sure I was beat. The villian knew I had at least jacks and wouldn't have re-raised with anything else but an A.

I wasn't able to find out the result of this hand, but I did end up going on to win this tournament, so I guess it was a good move in this tournament, cause I was almost done for until I doubled up twice in a row.
  • When the ace hits the turn, the only realistic hand that you are ahead of is QQ.

I think that on the flop Villan could hold something like KJ, QJ, QT.. raising the turn when the ace hits tells me that he's made two pair.. probably flopped the set and done the stupid slowplay.

Edit : If villan was a really really great player and felt that you could make big laydowns, I love that turn raise. Your preflop action says overpair and villan gambles that it's not AA.
  • adpro wrote: »
    Unless you are talking about the mtt I just played on Wednesday. The $55 $20,000 Guarantee? I played in that and came 86th.

That's the one I saw, player list alphabetical so adprocas was near the top..I don't think we were on the table together.