Which Software Tools Do You Use?

Still using Pokertracker version 2 for NL and Omaha and PAHuD.

I never got a good ev calculator though, wondering what if any people here use and what other tools players here have found useful (that are permitted by the poker rooms).

Comments

• Monteroy wrote: »
    Still using Pokertracker version 2 for NL and Omaha and PAHuD.

I never got a good ev calculator though, wondering what if any people here use and what other tools players here have found useful (that are permitted by the poker rooms).

NL i use Hold'em manager
    it's pretty good, and cheap.
    there is EV under graphic
    show your winning plus bonus and rakeback as well.

poker ev is a free software, but only work for FTP.

Omaha...better stick with PT2 for now.
  • Yeah I'm finding PT3 came out way too early. I find it difficult and confusing to configure and it works for so few sites that I don't have the patience to flip back and forth between PT2 and PT3 so I am just sticking with PT2.

Fortunately PT3 also came with PT2 and PAHUD and I've got it running on 3 machines now. PAHuD rocks because it pulls up the folded hands at showdown for you - even for Omaha games without PT Omaha installed. If I had known that, I probably wouldn't have bothered to get PTOmaha and got PTStud instead.
  • moose wrote: »
    Yeah I'm finding PT3 came out way too early. I find it difficult and confusing to configure and it works for so few sites that I don't have the patience to flip back and forth between PT2 and PT3 so I am just sticking with PT2.

Fortunately PT3 also came with PT2 and PAHUD and I've got it running on 3 machines now. PAHuD rocks because it pulls up the folded hands at showdown for you - even for Omaha games without PT Omaha installed. If I had known that, I probably wouldn't have bothered to get PTOmaha and got PTStud instead.

you should give hold'em manager a try
    support more site, and works better too.
    and it's canadian software company with canadian made software.
    maybe graham can cut a special pricing deal for forum members plus a new sponsor for the fourm.
  • Now there's an idea. What do you think, Graham...can you get us a forum discount? :)
  • I would try it if we could get a discount.

Hmm what does Holdem have that PT doesn't?

What sites are supported on Holdem Manager?
    Answer / SolutionimgDivider.gifParty Poker, Poker Stars, Full Tilt, Absolute, Crypto Network, Prima / Micro Gaming Network, Ipoker Network, Bodog, Ultimate Bet, OnGame Network, Everest, Betfair and Pacific.

Please note that as of June 6th 2008 Pacific, Bodog and OnGame require 3rd party hand grabbers to function.

BaH $50 ea on top for all the hand grabbers? WTF? So the only one I can see the Holdem Manager has that PT2 doesn't is Everest big deal and you don't need hand grabbers for Ongame.

Does the hand grabber for Ongame work for Tourneys? That would probably be the only thing that would make it worthwhile for me.

PokerTracker 2 Holdem - Supported Sites

Ring Games and Tournaments:
    • Absolute Poker
      CryptoLogic Network
      sites like William Hill, InterPoker, Classic Poker and more - (auto)
    • Everest Poker
      Full Tilt Poker
      iPoker Network
      sites like Titan, CD Poker, Noble and more - (auto)
    • Ladbrokes
      Pacific Poker
      (auto - with the use of Pacific Poker HandGrabber from IdleMiner)
    • Party Poker
      including affiliates Empire, Mulit-Poker, etc. - (auto)
    • Poker Stars
      Prima Network (Microgaming)
      sites like Royal Vegas, The Gaming Club, 7 Sultans, bet365 and many, many more - (auto)
    • Ultimate Bet
      (auto - with the use of PokerAce HUD, GameTime+ or UltimateHistory)
    Ring Games Only:
    • B2B Network (auto)
    • Betfair (auto)
    • Bodog Poker
      (auto - with the use of IdleMiner Bodog HandGrabber)
    • Boss Media
      PokerRoom / OnGame Network
      (auto) - PokerRoom, Hollywood Poker, Eurobet and many, many more.
    • Tain Network (auto)
    • Tribeca Tables Network (auto)
    • World Poker Exchange (auto)
  • hi moose
    the latest version has ongame dbase support
    so you no longer need the graper for ongame.
    he need to update the FAQ ....lol
    here is what you get from HM that PT2 don't have.
    1. alot faster database
    i have about almost 400k playing hand, plus millions in datamine.
    it pretty much take few seconds (2-10s)
    PT2 could take Hours to load anything.

2. 3bet, 4bet, fold to 3bet, fold to 4bet available.
    PT2, don't have those.

3. player windows
    i can pop those up, and see % of villian's 3bet/4bet are range AA,KK,QQ,AK. it make easy on 5bet push or not.

4. mark hand during play
    i just mark hands, that i think i play badly or unsure what to do.
    after the session, i'll just review mark hands.

5. able to add Equity value, bonus and rakeback into graphic.

ongame hand grapper
    Moose, if you want it, i can sell you my at 50% off. ( i don't play ongame anymore, plus HM now support ongame direct)
    ongame hand grapper does a few thing to make it unique.
    1. make sure table stay open, when you datamine.
    2. tournment HH.
  • Anyone use Poker Wingman?
  • Poker stove to help when running through the ICM calculations

PT2 which unfortunately doesn't support ongame STT or MTT's.

SNG power tools which I love for running through the push/shove calcs.

PT3 I agree with moose on everything he said there.

SNG tracker which isn't around anymore but I use it to track/graph all my SNG info ROI, ITM, finishes etc.
  • What percent of players use softeare do you think? I've played online for almost 5 years now, and have never used anything. I was recently chatting with some yak, and he was quoting various PT stats, and when I told him I didn't use PT, he was shocked.

I don't know...if you pay attention, make notes, won't you learn as much about your opponents? Other than hand farming, what is the real advantage, if you play for ahobby like me? I guess I've just figured I've done well enough without it. I'm playing on my original $100 buying from 2004, and I can't see what the software will tell me that I don't learn from observing. Can it give you info that tells you a guy will not fold a flush draw, no matter what the pot odds?

What am I missing?
  • 1. You can use it to review your own play.
    2. If you multitable how do you keep notes on players? PT tracks them for you - no need to make notes.
  • More important, you can use it to select which tables to play at :)
  • I usually two table, so making notes really isn't that hard. It would be good for hand review as well I suppose.

I htink I waoulf make notes anyway, liek betitng pattern, specific notes. For example, I'll always not eplayers that use preaction buttons in the blinds. Or bluuf bet sizes etc etc.

Maybe I'm just cheap.
  • I'm thinking about getting one of these tracker programs. Which ones do you find work well on Vista? I tried pokertracker a few months ago and it just didn't work at all...not sure if that's changed or not. Anyone?
  • right now
    both PT3 and HM has trail
    why not download them all and try
    to see which one you like
  • Tie Twist wrote: »
    What percent of players use softeare do you think? I've played online for almost 5 years now, and have never used anything. I was recently chatting with some yak, and he was quoting various PT stats, and when I told him I didn't use PT, he was shocked.

I don't know...if you pay attention, make notes, won't you learn as much about your opponents? Other than hand farming, what is the real advantage, if you play for ahobby like me? I guess I've just figured I've done well enough without it. I'm playing on my original $100 buying from 2004, and I can't see what the software will tell me that I don't learn from observing. Can it give you info that tells you a guy will not fold a flush draw, no matter what the pot odds?

What am I missing?

I think you're missing a lot by not using tracking software like HEM or PT.
    I take a lot of notes too, but the stats are extremely valuable.
    For a long time I only used it as a tracking for myself, to look at my stats and what hands might be leaks for me. Getting PAHUD to go with PT really took my game to the next level, imo.
    As for what % of players - I would guess at least 80-90% of regular (winning) players use something. They really do pay for themselves.
  • I think the key here is to get these tracker tools and really exploit them. Like previously posted 80-90% of regulars out there are using some sort of datamining/stats I use them to exploit their programmed level of thinking.

A lot of players who multi-table really only use stats programs to figure out hand ranges/etc. If you can identify those people you can then exploit them as you have a certain image based on stats and pick up easy money.

Remember a lot of players these days have learned the game just on the mathematics and probability but not real experience. It's the experience at the end of the day that will help you make those hero calls with bottom pair :)
  • I think the key here is to get these tracker tools and really exploit them. Like previously posted 80-90% of regulars out there are using some sort of datamining/stats I use them to exploit their programmed level of thinking.

A lot of players who multi-table really only use stats programs to figure out hand ranges/etc. If you can identify those people you can then exploit them as you have a certain image based on stats and pick up easy money.

Remember a lot of players these days have learned the game just on the mathematics and probability but not real experience. It's the experience at the end of the day that will help you make those hero calls with bottom pair :)

If you're exploiting these other players regularly, wouldn't that become part of your stats too?:)

And maybe it's 'cause I'm a limidonk, but bottom pair is for value betting. A hero call is with Queen high :biggrin: