Be A Stock Star!

Hey,

The Financial Post (National Post) is running a competition for equities training.

Basically you get $100,000 to begin investing - which you can do in real time - although securities rules prevent the website from showing stock prices in less than a 20 min delay.

I did a few of these in biz school a few years ago - but with the market "rollercoasting" right now - it makes the variances huge!

They have great prizes in real cash and daily draws for free shit.

It started in the beginning of Sept and runs through mid-Jan.

I personally have taken quite a bit of my cash out and into GICs (the rest in gold, i.e., Barrick, Kinross, Goldcorp etc...)- I will get killed by inflation on GICs but its pretty risky out there right now.

So this seemed like an excellent time to play with money for free and try and win some.

The link is Welcome to StockStar.Ca

HOWEVER, if you want to join and I refer you we both get bonuses - so let me know if interested.

Even if you toss it in high risk stocks and hope for a hit its free - right now the 1st place has just over $200K - First place is $25K in real cash...

Let me know - and for those of you with their cash tied up out there - Best of Luck!

Comments

• Ahh Gold. I love gold...The look of it, The taste of it, the smell of it, the texture. I love it so much I lost my genitalia in a freak smelting accident.

In early 05 I bought a big chunk of Wheaton River Minerals when they first entered talks with Goldcorp about buy out. The talk was that 4 shares of WRM would get 1 share of G in the merger. I bought the WRM for about $3.70ish and G was trading around $19. Giving me about a 20% pop if the deal went through. A few months later the merger was announced and the prices had converged a bit but I still made a nice score.