How late is late

I've recently started playing on Full Tilt. I'm enjoying it because I've increased my first deposit by over 50% in 3 days but haven't bonused yet. :)

I have found one pet peeve on this site though....late registration. It goes on forever, and I've seen tournaments double in size as people register very late. Frankly, I like how PStars does it...late reg ends once people start getting eliminated. I think it is very unfair to the players who were on time to see people logging in 10 or more minutes into the tournament. Any thoughts?

Comments

• You saw more hands than them. There is less time before the blinds go up. Why would it be to their advantage?
  • Nah I love late registration. Pretty sure FT and PS do it the same way, after the 1st level. I hate how UB does it with the alternative list (1 out, 1 in).
  • I luv late registration.....nothing worse than racing home to hit a certain tourney, only to be a couple minutes late and out of luck. I was quite pleased when FT changed their policy on it. I think it does vary though.......I know the $50 Omaha at 10:45 pm MST usually goes until almost 11 until registration closes......the field usually increases 2.5 times....which is good for a smaller tourney. Others seem to close earlier. Might be 2 blind increases....so the turbo's would close quicker?
  • I think it has its advantages and disadvantages... usually it is one level, so its not terribly long. I have to admit I kinda like it, because then you can come in after all the donks that love to go all in on the first hand are out without them stealing your blinds.