Multi tabling

Ok, so I look up one of Tilts pros, as he seems to take a long time to make a decision, every time...I see he is registered in 16 tournies..at least 10 are currently being played.

How the hell can he play that many tables and really pay attention to who is doing what? Or is the whole "know the players" not really that important as just playing strong hands?

Comments

• I personally find I play better when I just play the cards. Try and figure out who the bad players are still, but I tend to overanalyze things and I think by playing the player it screws with my head sometimes.
  • Open FT, UB, Cake, Absolute, P* and look for Sirwatts. See what happens. Esp. on Sunday. Then go to pocketfives.com on Monday and read the Sunday report.
  • Well...I just uploaded the hand histories to manager..and looked over his stats. I wish I could pull up the coin tosses...he couldn't miss one, and he was behind on the majority of them...lots of AQ/AK vs pairs...Always (almost) caught..
    but, what I did notice from the stats..there were only one or two flat calls, everything was a raise or reraise..most pots went uncontested with his raises, which were large..5?x bb for the most part...

So..we multi table...and just raise every big hand we get...lol..
  • Well...I just uploaded the hand histories to manager..and looked over his stats.

Who is "his"?
  • lol..ooops! Sorry...Scott Clements...was sitting at a tourney table with him for *edit* 140 hands
  • Not a great example because the FTP pros are compensated otherwise.

But if you look at someone like tedsfishfry (Shaun Deeb) who plays every tournament over $30 on FTP- yes - early on it is more about situations and cards then opponents. When these guys get deep they start paying more attention.
  • Three words.., Heads Up Display.

Poker tracker with HUD pays attention for you. This way, you know if the you're about to raise a calling stations blinds, or if the person who raised you prolly has something legit. All with out having to watch a single hand go down.

Also, regarding not flat calling much, that's pretty standard winning tourney strategy. You be fine if you only flatted a pf raise with low pairs for set value. Bit of a generalization but you know what I mean.
  • There are alot of tournament grinders out there that dont use HUD because there is limited value in large field MTT. All it does is take up space.

Cash Games are a different story.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    There are alot of tournament grinders out there that dont use HUD because there is limited value in large field MTT. All it does is take up space.

Cash Games are a different story.

I spose having 35 hands on someone isn't going to give you any crucial info, but, it'll show you if they're playing 67% of their hands or 7%. Won't be that accurate but will give you a better general idea.
  • tellbox wrote: »
    I spose having 35 hands on someone isn't going to give you any crucial info, but, it'll show you if they're playing 67% of their hands or 7%. Won't be that accurate but will give you a better general idea.

it help in early stage
    you know who the donks are by playing almost every hand.
    in middle stage
    tight player switch gear to steal the blind
    that status may actually harm you.
    because you see this vpip less then 10 guy just raise, and you fold a better hand preflop.
    late stage..... if you doesn't know your villian by that time, then you play too many table.
    the HUD. i found it useful for people i don't know. but once they are in the table with me over say 100 hands, i pretty much don't look at the HUD anymore.