Confused about rakeback

So I signed up for a full tilt account a while back but only recently started playing lots of poker there (50NL)......anyways, I FINALLY realized I should have gotten rakeback a long time ago........then I found this on 2+2:

"Can I get rakeback on a site I already have an account with? : The general rule is that you cannot receive rakeback if you already have an account with a certain site. This includes Full Tilt. There are some sites that allow this and Full Tilt is not one of them, so PLEASE do not post this question. This is something that should be discussed between you and an affiliate."

Does this mean that I can't presently receive rakeback since I already have had an account with rakeback!?

Comments

• jdAA88 wrote: »
    Does this mean that I can't presently receive rakeback since I already have had an account without rakeback!?

Pretty much.
  • Yea, Full Tilt is really inconsistent with this. Sometimes they will invite players to get rakeback through them directly, but it seems to be only a few chosen ones that get it. Unforunately you are probably SOL until they send you one of these golden emails.
  • I know I should probably ask this of Full Tilt, but I'm at work and can't get on there till tonight, so maybe someone here could answer for me.

I have an account of Full Tilt that's been there for years just for freeroll fun. I've never made a deposit there...so I'm wondering if I made my first deposit if I could get in on rakeback or if, because the account's been there for a while, they wouldn't allow it. Any insight?
  • I just found out that if you haven't played any real-money, then even with an existing account it is still possible to get rakeback...
  • Can you explain how that works? I wrote FT and this is the answer that I recieved.....

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker.

Full Tilt does not pay players rakeback directly. There are a number of rakeback
    affiliates who offer players up to 27% rakeback if they sign up to Full Tilt
    Poker through their site.

Please note that this is not an issue which can be solved by opening another
    account with Full Tilt Poker, it is against our site policy to open more than
    one account. Though you could cease using your account, we do not remove it from
    our system, nor do we freeze accounts in order for players to create new ones.

However, we do value your continued support of Full Tilt Poker, and we are
    currently looking into organizing something that will help players who are not
    already attached to an affiliate. We have added your username to our files for
    further consideration. Please be patient.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck on the tables!

Regards,

Alberto
    Full Tilt Poker Support
  • I had multiple FT accounts that were play money years ago, only recently did I create a new real money acct with rakeback and they emailed me notifying that they are shutting down the other play money accounts and i'm allowed to keep the one with rakeback....
  • NoVeLTeK wrote: »
    I had multiple FT accounts that were play money years ago, only recently did I create a new real money acct with rakeback and they emailed me notifying that they are shutting down the other play money accounts and i'm allowed to keep the one with rakeback....

Sweet. I bet when you first got the email, you were like..."shit"
  • Fludlerk wrote: »
    Can you explain how that works? I wrote FT and this is the answer that I recieved.....

Thank you for contacting Full Tilt Poker.

Full Tilt does not pay players rakeback directly. There are a number of rakeback
    affiliates who offer players up to 27% rakeback if they sign up to Full Tilt
    Poker through their site.

Please note that this is not an issue which can be solved by opening another
    account with Full Tilt Poker, it is against our site policy to open more than
    one account. Though you could cease using your account, we do not remove it from
    our system, nor do we freeze accounts in order for players to create new ones.

However, we do value your continued support of Full Tilt Poker, and we are
    currently looking into organizing something that will help players who are not
    already attached to an affiliate. We have added your username to our files for
    further consideration. Please be patient.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck on the tables!

Regards,

Alberto
    Full Tilt Poker Support

I wouldn't have emailed them. If you have never deposited, you could just make a new account, preferably from a new IP addy, deposit, and just don't use your old account.
  • tellbox wrote: »
    Sweet. I bet when you first got the email, you were like..."shit"

Yeah.. i was really worried I would of lost my money or lost my rakeback haha... The weird thing is I made sure that on those other accounts I had that they didn't have my name or address or anythign that could associate all the accounts together...and they still found it!! fultilt has hacks!