Cheque Clearing Problem Advice

Anyone experience problems clearing cheques you have received from poker sites? The cheque I received from Everest Poker was issued by Natwest Bank in the UK in US funds. My bank in Toronto is unable to clear the cheque as it is issued in US dollars. They told me to return the cheque and have it reissued in UK pounds. Any ideas? I plan to have Everest deal with this.

Comments

• That's BS. That is like an American bank saying they can't cash a cheque in US$ drawn on a Canadian bank.

UK businesses not allowed to bank in US$. Pure BS.
  • moose wrote: »
    That's BS. That is like an American bank saying they can't cash a cheque in US$ drawn on a Canadian bank.

UK businesses not allowed to bank in US$. Pure BS.

I'm pretty confused about the whole thing. Don't recall ever having this problem before. Anyone else pulled funds out of Everest without a problem? this related to the 2+2 book deal. Maybe I will end up buying the books indirectly.
  • I haven't withdrawn my ~U$53 from Everest in case there is a game worth buying into in the future. I have gotten U$ cheques from several foreign countries, but never had your problem. Have you appealed your problem with the bank, or try another bank?
  • The only cheque I couldn't cash was one from Betfair.
  • Everest has requested I scan the cheque and they will void it and reissue it in pounds. Can't try another bank as you need an account.
  • How's that mattress working out for ya?
  • moose wrote: »
    How's that mattress working out for ya?

I think it's a little lumpy.