FREE Coaching Session w/ Herschelw - What Topic?

Jerry "herschelw" Watterson has been kind enough to offer one of his training sessions for FREE to 9 members of this forum.

I haven't thought of a good way to pick the top 9 just yet, but since this is for you all, you can pick which topic he will discuss. Also, if you have any ideas for how to pick the final 9 that would be great also. I was thinking it would be a combination of a small buy-in game on pokerstars where top 3 would win the session, and also something for the top 6 posts between now and when session happens. People could vote for each other so it wouldn't be biased.

Anyway, here are the options for the session topics. The one with the most votes will be the one he does. (If you don't win, or would like to attend some of these sessions regardless of what happens here, send Jerry a PM. He usually charges around $25 per person for these sessions)

Also, PokerPwnage added some new FREE videos. If you go to PokerPwnage.com and click on PREVIEW you will see around 30 minutes worth of free videos.

Comments

• meh, you can already watch all those videos for free here
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    meh, you can already watch all those videos for free here

Better than your last effort.
  • Love to see a session Riding the big stack as this is still a leak in my game. Tend to bluff off my chips late (just as westside8/DrTyOre/moose :D )

I like the idea of small buyin tourneys to pick some winners.
  • Hobbes wrote: »

I like the idea of small buyin tourneys to pick some winners.

Me too
  • :)voted!!!!!!!!!

PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!!!!!:D

even thou i have been offered coaching by jagz7, can't hurt to have additional coaching:)
  • I would like to see the 90 man one. This will show the complete beginning to end of how to play a typical tounament.... although condensed.
  • Theres this contest on p5 where everybody signs up for the next 10 $3 90 man mtts starting after a certain time. Whoever wins the most $ in those 10 is the winner. Maybe do something like that?
  • This is a great opportunity! Thanks!
  • Some good info on that site. Good idea bout the 90 man to determine the winner. Or just setup a private tourney.
  • I can now set up private games on pokerstars so I'll probably do it there for half the people. The other half will go to forum related things so that some of the bad players can have a chance too ;)
  • Graham wrote: »
    on pokerstars where top 3 would win the session.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial if the bottom 9 in the tourney got the coaching? Or take the worst players from the site.... Just ask around. That guy who figured out something that Doyle, God et al didn't know about calculating pot odds etc gets my vote.
    ....some of the bad players can have a chance too ;)

Yay there's hope for me!!! :D
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be more beneficial if the bottom 9 in the tourney got the coaching? Or take the worst players from the site.... Just ask around. That guy who figured out something that Doyle, God et al didn't know about calculating pot odds etc gets my vote.

Good point.
  • Make the buy in 10-30 bucks and anyone who pays to enter the tourney should have an opportunity to view the video (put it on a separate server or give out a password for x number of days)

I think any player whether they finish in the top 9 or bottom 9 would benefit from a video. Take a % out from the tourney to cover the cost of the video or something.
  • Make the buy in 10-30 bucks and anyone who pays to enter the tourney should have an opportunity to view the video (put it on a separate server or give out a password for x number of days)

I think any player whether they finish in the top 9 or bottom 9 would benefit from a video. Take a % out from the tourney to cover the cost of the video or something.

This isn't for a video. It is for a 1 on 9 coaching session with Jerry "herscehlw" Watterson. Basically he will run the session over skype or some kind of conference call software where he will talk, and people can ask questions. I will try and get more details.
  • Very cool idea Graham!

In addition to the topics in the poll (I voted for Riding the Big Stack), I would like to see his thinking on "Third Level Thinking" and "The Art of the Re-Steal" These are some big leaks in my game.

Johnnie
    This isn't for a video. It is for a 1 on 9 coaching session with Jerry "herscehlw" Watterson. Basically he will run the session over skype or some kind of conference call software where he will talk, and people can ask questions. I will try and get more details.

sorry!!!

In that case make more tournies available....I want a chance at a session :)
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Very cool idea Graham!

In addition to the topics in the poll (I voted for Riding the Big Stack), I would like to see his thinking on "Third Level Thinking" and "The Art of the Re-Steal" These are some big leaks in my game.

Johnnie

We'd definitly address restealing to some degree in the riding the big stack course. Although, Short stack play.... Be the ninja is all about shoving asnd reshoving ranges. I think you guys would see the most immediate results in your game from one of these: short stack play, 45man turbos, bilnd on blind play.

If you'd like to get a feel for what these sessions are like checkout the "Chipping up early" video on our preview page on pokerpwnage.com. It's the Chipping up early group lesson in video form.

Try Team Speak TeamSpeak - Welcome to TeamSpeak
  • herschelw wrote: »
    We'd definitly address restealing to some degree in the riding the big stack course. Although, Short stack play.... Be the ninja is all about shoving asnd reshoving ranges. I think you guys would see the most immediate results in your game from one of these: short stack play, 45man turbos, bilnd on blind play.

If you'd like to get a feel for what these sessions are like checkout the "Chipping up early" video on our preview page on pokerpwnage.com. It's the Chipping up early group lesson in video form.

I like the free video's on the site.

One piece of constructive advice, The poker content is fabulous, and the audio quality could be a lot better. Perhaps if you adjusted your levels and used a better quality microphone?? It seems like you're popping your plosives ... the B and P sounds.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be more beneficial if the bottom 9 in the tourney got the coaching? Or take the worst players from the site....
    somebody famous once said, "you can't polish a turd". words to live by...

great idea guys. thanks for setting it up.

i would like to learn more about chipping up early.
  • I like the free video's on the site.

One piece of constructive advice, The poker content is fabulous, and the audio quality could be a lot better. Perhaps if you adjusted your levels and used a better quality microphone?? It seems like you're popping your plosives ... the B and P sounds.

I just purchased a high end microphone to improve sound quality in my videos.
  • herschelw wrote: »
    I just purchased a high end microphone to improve sound quality in my videos.

Excellent.
    To get the most out of it you'll probably want to spend some time getting the levels perfect so it's not over saturating.
  • Any progress on this?