Jays win 7 in a row

Walk off Slam by Zaun.

Where the F***k was this team earlier in the season?

Comments

• I don't know but I bought my tickets for tomorrow's game before the season opened. Who knew?
  • We wouldn't have needed the walk off slam if BJ Ryan hadn't blow ANOTHER save. Since his surgery he hasn't been the 'lights out' guy that he was.

Time for one of the kids to step into the closers roll.
  • moose wrote: »
    I don't know but I bought my tickets for tomorrow's game before the season opened. Who knew?

Well you're going to see a great pitching performance today....unfortunately it's in favor of the Rays. Matt Garza has owned the Jays. Although one of David Purceys' best starts was against the Rays two weeks ago.
  • It was a lot of fun at the ol' ballpark last week. The team is loose, and I hear it was a nice, fun plane trip to the Windy City on Sunday evening. The guys were bummed that yesterday's game was rained out, because they wanted to keep 'er going.

I'll say this ... sure, they only have a micro-chance of making the playoffs, but if they do continue to stay hot, don't count them out.

I think it's clear that Tampa is their target if they want to make the post-season.

Both teams have 20 games left.

Let's look at the Rays' remaining schedule ...

@ Bos (2)
    @ NYY (3)
    Bos (3)
    Min (4)
    @ Bal (4)
    @ Det (4)

Is it *possible* for the Rays to go, say, 7-13. Yep, sure is. Maybe not likely, but possible.

Now, that would mean the Jays need to go 16-4, which is very unlikely.

But, it *could* still be interesting.

If the Jays can somehow go 6-2 in Chicago and Boston this week, look out next week, when they return home to start a 9 game homestand. I'm looking forward to being back there a week today. Go Jays!

macbb
  • Make that 9! Time to book some tickets for that last weekend.
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Make that 9! Time to book some tickets for that last weekend.

Let's hope it's 10 after tonight's game.
  • When was the last time they won 9 (or 10) straight?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    When was the last time they won 9 (or 10) straight?

Toronto has won nine straight games, its longest streak since an 11-game run from Aug. 27-Sept. 7, 1998.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Toronto has won nine straight games, its longest streak since an 11-game run from Aug. 27-Sept. 7, 1998.

Damn..I thought this was something I would be answering and not you!
    Did you just found this off a site or something?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Damn..I thought this was something I would be answering and not you!
    Did you just found this off a site or something?

It was in the game wrap-up online :D
    I am the google master lol
  • Gotta luv the slide by Rios that came up 2-3 feet short of the bag :D
  • #10 is in the books.

Tomorrow is the tie for franchise win streak.
    #10 is in the books.

Tomorrow is the tie for franchise win streak.

and the big guy is on the mound, who apparently might be pitching on 3 days rest to go Sunday against the Red Sox.
  • go jays go!!!
    zaun has always been my boy and he def. came threw for them the other day!
    its going to be interesting w/ another double header sat to see if they go w/ halladay again on sunday!!!
    come on jays!!! I think were going to break the streak!
    and the big guy is on the mound, who apparently might be pitching on 3 days rest to go Sunday against the Red Sox.

If they win either of the next two games, the rotation is tweaked, and one of the results is Doc pitching Sunday on 3 days rest.

macbb
  • Why is it based on wins?
    Why is it based on wins?

It's based on whether the team thinks they are in the race. If they win one of the next two (or, of course, both), they feel they have a real shot heading into Boston, and would want Doc on the mound. If they were to lose the next two, that changes things, in their opinion, and they wouldn't want to move Doc to 3 days.

macbb
    Gotta luv the slide by Rios that came up 2-3 feet short of the bag :D

Looked like me running in slowpitch....good thing he made up for it with his bat.
  • Tough game going so far today...
  • Looks like they want this game to go like their season... last-minute surge!!!

Mark
  • Close but no cigar.. =(
  • Nice run though.
    Now to start the next 10 wins in a row. lol

Apparently if they had won, they would have set the major league record for most consecutive wins against teams with winning records.

Baseball <3 Statistics.
  • macbb wrote: »
    It's based on whether the team thinks they are in the race. If they win one of the next two (or, of course, both), they feel they have a real shot heading into Boston, and would want Doc on the mound. If they were to lose the next two, that changes things, in their opinion, and they wouldn't want to move Doc to 3 days.

macbb

It is pretty much a no brainer. It puts Doc against Boston twice and the Yankees. No point in pitching him against Baltimore and then missing the Yankees.
  • Need Doc and AJ pitching as much as possible.
    6-1/2 out of the wild card and they play Boston 7 times.
  • Room for 1 more for next Sunday's game!