Ufc 91

Randy Couture fights Brock Lesnar on November 15th in Vegas.

Winner to fight the winner of the Mir/Noguiera fight in December to unify the title. the Heavyweight division is starting to look pretty good, no?

By the way, too soon for Lesnar to get this shot, but what the hell . . .
This might actually put the buys over the 1M mark.

Comments

• That would mean: Mir/Lesnar II
  • Milo wrote: »
    Randy Couture fights Brock Lesnar on November 15th in Vegas.

Winner to fight the winner of the Mir/Noguiera fight in December to unify the title. the Heavyweight division is starting to look pretty good, no?

By the way, too soon for Lesnar to get this shot, but what the hell . . .
    This might actually put the buys over the 1M mark.

They'll get way over 1 million... and the UFC's HW division still sucks. If you ran a tourney with the top HW in the world, 3 of the final 4 would likely not be UFC fighters, and we all know who the winner would be... and it wouldn't even be close!
  • Okay, I'll bite, Mike. Other than Fedor, and possibly Josh Barnett (I'll stipulate top 4), who do you think is better than Couture, or Noguiera, the current top dogs un the UFC's heavyweight division?

1M is not guaranteed with Couture. As loved as he is, he has never been much of a draw in terms of buys. His Sylvia comeback only sold +600k.
  • djalikool wrote: »
    That would mean: Mir/Lesnar II
    I don't think Lesnar wins, unless it's a decision by the judges. And do you REALLY think Mir can beat Noguiera? That is interesting.
  • The only other heavyweight that is looking good right now is alistair overeem. If Arlovski is indeed back, he is up there, but in general can't really say that the ufc HW division is weak, as everyone else other than Fedor is pretty even.
  • djalikool wrote: »
    That would mean: Mir/Lesnar II

No way...Minotauro beats Mir, and if there was a Mir/Lesnar II, Lesnar would do him in.

Lesnar has the best potential to be the undisputed HW champ...nobody matches his strength, superb athleticism and moves his weight with lightning speed. He needs more experience, he should just rush his opponents like a juggernaut, he would be unstoppable. Right now he hesitates too much and his lack of experience is evident.

Never really been a fan of Couture but I do respect his accomplishments especially at 45. Wonder how Him and Dana came to terms?

My predictions for this Saturday:

Chuck knocks Rashad 2nd round min.
    Franklin gets his 2nd consective win over Hamil.
    They'll get way over 1 million... and the UFC's HW division still sucks. If you ran a tourney with the top HW in the world, 3 of the final 4 would likely not be UFC fighters, and we all know who the winner would be... and it wouldn't even be close!

way over a mil? don't think so. u want over a mil...try GSP (gains) vs. Spider (Sheds)...but Spider knocks him silly...or even GSP vs. Penn.
  • actyper wrote: »
    The only other heavyweight that is looking good right now is alistair overeem. If Arlovski is indeed back, he is up there, but in general can't really say that the ufc HW division is weak, as everyone else other than Fedor is pretty even.

the Pitbull is washed up. Fedor Emelianenko is the best HW pound for pound hands down!

I had hopes with Kimbo before he entered the MMA ring but Dana was right, he wouldn't survive the UFC.