Pokerstars Summer Games promo

Week 1, Limit holdem.

I qualified for round 2 and finished 13/700. Just missed making Team Canada. (Top 5)

Anyways week 2 is Stud and I thought forum members could post results here week by week.

It's under Tourneys - Regional.

I'm in tonights tourney and I believe it runs at 8pm and 10pm daily.

Comments

• Finished 78th/668. Just missed making round 2 for the second time.
  • Anyone on stars should get in on this....it's got a crazy overlay. It's a freeroll that pays top 250 spots... only 570 were in the tourney I was in. top 50 make it to next round. Even if you're only mildly familiar with stud it's pretty weak play. (I mean I finished top 50 so what more excuse do you need?)
  • I qualified for the Stud final though I cannot even pretend that Stud is a game I am good at :P.
  • do you have a link for the upcoming week tournaments? I guess its restricted to Canadian accounts? if you make it to 'Team Canada', do they ship you off somewhere nice?

Poker Stars Summer Games
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    do you have a link for the upcoming week tournaments? I guess its restricted to Canadian accounts? if you make it to 'Team Canada', do they ship you off somewhere nice?

Poker Stars Summer Games

No trip involved you just play heads up online representing Canada. You get $500 for making the team and $500 if you win. You get $500 more if your team (Canada) wins that specific event and $500 more if Canada wins overall. (So max $2000) I don't have a link...but if you click on regional tournaments it's all there. And yes you need a Canadian account (you wouldn't want to wade through the US side anyway as there are probably 10x as many entrants.)
    It may not sound like a lot but you get $5 pretty much for showing up and there are 2 tourney's per night. So you should be getting $20 free from stars ($5 per event, 1 every week).
  • Looks like there are 8 games

Poker Stars Summer Games

is the promo
  • Huh...

This game IS easy.... I'm currently playing the stud, nearly double average stack, 120 players left! :)

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Huh...

This game IS easy.... I'm currently playing the stud, nearly double average stack, 120 players left! :)

Mark

LOL same here, hate stud but sitting 5th at the break.
  • Well, I just made top 50... you?
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Well, I just made top 50... you?

Yep.. basically folded my way in with 70 players left.

Congrats
  • registered for the 10pm tournament in five minutes. how long it take you to make top 250?
  • looks like it took 1.5 hours for top 50 to be decided.
  • Currently 6th with 78 left in the 6mx, NLHE.

Keeping fingers crossed and folding like a pizza box.
  • In the final on the 14th! It was fun, definitely the luckiest I have been in a while, and once I got the chips - BAM! For the record, finished 3rd in chips. Sh!t, I have a ball tournament next weekend. Who wants to play for me? ;)
  • I could do it.
  • Well got the whole sched and even if we make the finals we are done by 2:45, plenty of time to make the first deal. Phew