Yankees Stadium Trip

Just thought I would post a bit of it here. For those that have met me or know me, you guys probably know that I'm a huge sports nut - and if you didn't know that before, you do now. With that in mind, I made a promise to myself earlier this year that I will make a trip to the old Yankees Stadium before this season is over. As a tennis fan as well, I figured why not go while the US Open is happening, and maybe check out a Mets game while I'm at it. So after checking the schedules of the Yankees/Mets, I decided in mid-June, that I will take my pilgrimage to New York from Aug 23-28.

Booked returned bus ticket for myself and a friend (later on 2 others joined us but only for US Open) aboard Greyhound Neon for $15 one way ($30 return). Later I discovered I had a banquet to attend, and ended up booking a flight with Porter Airlines to fly back on 27th during the day - good thing its only <$150 for the flight.

The actual trip to Yankees Stadium was split into two parts - first part was the tour that took place on Sunday morning, and the second part was the Yankees vs. Red Sox game on Tuesday evening. I managed to buy a pair of tickets for the Yankees/Red Sox game for $400 ($200 each - face value is $100 each), and this is cheap compared to how much these tickets were going for on Craigslist/Stubhub - 25 rows or so behind home plate.

The atmosphere was truly spectacular, and the walk through Yankees Stadium when it was completely empty, the visit to monument park, and the short stop inside the Yankees Clubhouse, was everything I expected and more.

Here are some pictures for those interested.

dscf4621jz3.th.jpgimg1393zf4.th.jpgimg1402ni6.th.jpgimg1413xm7.th.jpgimg1861ic5.th.jpgimg1994jq5.th.jpg