Please Vote - City Of Kitchener Sign!

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that the city of kitchener has an open vote for their new signage to be installed on hwy. 401 and hwy. 8 cutoff and on the homer-watson cutoff.. This is a online vote... winner wins the tender to produce the signage (well over 100k/ per sign)

The company i work for (Pride Signs) has made the cut to the final 4. This was a combined effort by me and 3 other designers..

If you have a minute please go to the link provided and cast your vote:

Kitchener residents - give us a sign

ps: we are Sign B, and we were told you can only type 100 words for your sign, but others cheated!!!!!

thanks alot!
Joe

Comments

• Sorry Joe I had to vote for the sign I liked the best.

Good news for you is I liked B the best.
  • Come on Pokerforum, lets get involved in an old tradition:Ballot stuffing.....let's get the B vote rocking! We could get this into Colbert Report territory. I can see the Record running a story on how there were some "voting irregularities" in "b's landslide victory. Seriously spend 5 minutes and vote. When was the last time your vote actually made a difference? (The Green party vote for example...."go ahead throw your vote away, It's a 2 party system!))
  • I don't think you should have changed the city logo. I think that competes with the idea of creating a city identity. Most corporations won't even allow modifications to their logo because it destroys their brand identity. The K and R are enlarged to specifically hold the graphic. Moving the graphic and not changing the style of the text is awkward. A newcomer to the city not knowing the actual logo would look at it and wonder why the R is enlarged. Sorry I don't think it is the best but I won't vote against you either. Good luck.
  • Can't vote, but GOOD LUCK! (signs A & D... meh... C could cause you some grief...)
  • I agree moose...

but, we could not even touch the logo in any way, it was given to us by the city of kitchener, they had very very tight guidelines with their logo... no outline, no inline, cannot seperate the tower graphic from the letters etc.. it went on and on, no kidding 3 pages that had examples of what we cannot do with the logo.. ... it was unbelieveable.

Alot of our initial designs were declined because we moved some part of the logo to benefit the look of the sign...

I agree its not the best looking sign ever designed, but in this business you are restricted by your client.. in this case it was a huge factor..

but i think its the best out of the final 4...

thanks for voting
    Joe
  • What?!? No mention of "POKER CAPITAL OF CANADA" ?!?

I cannot vote for that . . .
  • I agree moose...

but, we could not even touch the logo in any way, it was given to us by the city of kitchener, they had very very tight guidelines with their logo... no outline, no inline, cannot seperate the tower graphic from the letters etc.. it went on and on, no kidding 3 pages that had examples of what we cannot do with the logo.. ... it was unbelieveable.

Joe

As I was saying. But now I'm confused. Didn't you separate the graphic from the letters? That is sign B right?