Lost a Good Friend Wednesday

My good friend, Sgt Shawn Eades, was killed by an IED in Kandahar this week. He died doing what he loved and exactly what he wanted to do. Whether you agree with the mission or not, he and his two fallen team-members deserve a few moments of prayer. He will be coming home Saturday.... He was a great father, Canadian, and a damn fine soldier.. I will miss him.

PS. For the record, I spent 7 months in Kandahar, and although some will not understand this, I would go back there in a heartbeat.....

Comments

• Regardless of anyone's politics...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Regardless of anyone's politics...

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Mark

+1. My condolences.
  • I thank you for your service, and offer my condolences on the loss of your friend, and brother-in-arms. With regards to your last comment, I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Too many people take the service provided by our troops for granted, paying lip service to the ideas of Duty, Honour, and love of Country. The men and women of our Armed Forces live that credo every day of their lives. All too often they are recognized for that service only when it is too late. If you happen to see a soldier, or person of a certain age, with the Poppy license plate on their car, take a moment to say thanks for what they have done for this nation. It's a small way to pay back some of the debt we owe these people. For the record, this brings the number of combat losses in Afghanistan to 93. God Bless them all.
  • Shawn's photo
  • Sorry for your loss.
  • My condolences on the loss of your friend.
  • Sorry for your loss, and thank you for your service.
  • tragic loss, especially as a young father. Can't imagine what they are going through.
  • I am always thankful and grateful for the services of our armed forces. Nothing greater could be asked of heros like Sgt Shawn Eades and all others risking thier lives for our safety and freedoms. These are the truest Canadians of us all.
  • Shawn was laid to rest today (28 Aug) at the National War Cemetary (Beechwood) in Ottawa. Stand easy my friend....
  • Air son ar duchais (sp?). RIP