Chan Poker Closing

Chan poker has a notice on the website that is closing effective Thursday August 21/08. Too bad I've had a great run on their since The Forum ran their tournaments on there.

Comments

• Yes, I am disappointed about this, gg Chan.
  • Thanks for the heads up.

I used the $20 in pokerforum.ca bonus buck on chan.
    When I tried to withdraw I found I needed to have a minimum of $30 to make a cheque withdraw....

Sat down and slooowly "grinded" out a small ball win up to $32...

Everyone who has cash on Chan should get it out ASAP ....
  • Everyone who has cash on Chan should get it out ASAP ....

You should get it out sooner than later, but don't worry, your cash is safe. As far as I understand, Ongame controls all cash and they aren't going anywhere.
  • I decided to see what I could do with the remaining $25 in my account.... and after getting up to about $40 and back down to $25 with some brutal luck I finally found this donk:

(I uninstalled the program, so can't get the official hand history)... here's a rough recap.
    PLaying 0.10/0.20 NL

2 Villians in hand.
    HERO is on button, villian is in CO (he has been raising about once every 5 hands to $1.)
    There are 4 limpers, action to CO, and he pops it up to $1.

HERO - decides to see a flop, hoping to get a piece so I can take his stack. So I call with 8h9h. CO+1 is the only other caller (this represents a weak hand, as CO+1 has reraised CO whenever he had a strong hand)

low and behold the flop comes 8d8skh. CO+1 bets out $1.20, and CO calls. I decide since there are no flush draws or str8 draws, to just slow play and let them do my betting. I suspect CO+1 is just trying to steal the pot, since CO probably has nothing.

Turn is the 2s, a brick, I would of preferred 2c but can't be picky. CO+1 checks (giving up on steal), CO makes his usual bluff, of $3. I just call hoping to rope in the CO+1. CO+1 calls. - EXCELLENT.

River 7h. I'm not too worried about someone having a full house here, since CO+1 has called CO's $1 preflop bets with a huge range of hands, and likely has 2 pair at this point. CO is the only one who could have a boat; but since he raises to $1 preflop with any hand I'm pretty sure I'm good.

CO+1 checks, CO checks, and I put out a small bet of $3 again, trying to induce the donkey into bluffing again, and if not, at least getting 1 or 2 callers. CO+1 folds, and CO........ RAISES to $8 - JACKPOT!!!

I wait a little bit and then go all-in, I have about $17 back, CO had about $2 more than me when the hand began.

CO Calls!! - now I'm thinking oh crap, he's hit a boat, I'm screwed....

He shows this hand.... wait for it.......

wait for it.....

5d7d..... That's right, he called a bet for nearly all his chips with only 57. I couldn't believe it. I can't decide what was the most shocking part... that he called the river bet or that he called the flop bet, and bluffed the turn with that trash.

anyway... that's my "Last day of CHAN POKER" story. Thanks Chan. :)

The donkey didn't refill when he lost his last $2 on the next hand... i sat there waiting.. praying he would... but alas no refill. :(

ps. his username was giant_s. I hope that isn't anyone on this forum. ;)
  • Graham wrote: »
    You should get it out sooner than later, but don't worry, your cash is safe. As far as I understand, Ongame controls all cash and they aren't going anywhere.

Any idea whether or not they'll be merging the Chan Poker accounts into another skin, or will Chan Poker accounts simply no longer exist?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Any idea whether or not they'll be merging the Chan Poker accounts into another skin, or will Chan Poker accounts simply no longer exist?

They are going to be moving things to another skin to honor player points (hopefully), but account balances will not be transferable unfortunatetly. The main reason for the move is so that they can accept US players, but the Chan brand will cease to exist.
  • Anyone cash out form Chan the day they shut down? Did you receive your check/(insert other method of cash out here)?
  • I requested a cheque the day of closing and haven't received it yet. I'm not expecting it in a hurry but I'm in no rush to receive it.

I'm just peeved that I couldn't get the last $0.83 out of the account.
  • I requested a cheque and received it on Tuesday. Was actually surprised how fast.
  • I requested a cheque but haven't got it yet.
  • My cheque came today. Exactly 7 days after the request. Stupid fuckers converted it to Cdn$ though.
  • Requested mine last Friday, Aug 22nd, nothing yet....
  • Cashed out 8/22, received dep to CC and check in mail on 8/25.
  • Did anyone else get an email from Aced.com, claiming to be the new home for Chan players?
  • yes

have i checked it out no.

MarcoGD wrote: »
    Did anyone else get an email from Aced.com, claiming to be the new home for Chan players?
  • Yep.

Aced Poker

Aced is on the Merge network. Another site with no traffic and no PT compatibility.
  • Anyone else not get their withdrawal from Chan? I did but my wife, who had $123. on there, all of it won originally from freerolls has never received the check like I did... She's pissed and considers it a bad beat...
  • I got my money into click2pay in about 3 days. I withdrew after they closed and everything went well.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Anyone else not get their withdrawal from Chan? I did but my wife, who had $123. on there, all of it won originally from freerolls has never received the check like I did... She's pissed and considers it a bad beat...

Hey Jeff,

If there are any issues, send me the player username and I will contact Chan for you.
    Anyone else not get their withdrawal from Chan? I did but my wife, who had $123. on there, all of it won originally from freerolls has never received the check like I did... She's pissed and considers it a bad beat...

Yes, it took about a week to get the check. I just deposited it yesterday, so hopefully, it clears.
  • why can't chanpoker just move to another network and still use chanpoker?
    doyle's room change network twice and still using doyle.
    also, all the available network...they have to choose that....
  • why can't chanpoker just move to another network and still use chanpoker?
    doyle's room change network twice and still using doyle.
    also, all the available network...they have to choose that....

Because then they'd have to continue to pay Johnny millions... which isn't gonna happen.
    Hey Jeff,

If there are any issues, send me the player username and I will contact Chan for you.

Well, maybe we could use any help you can provide. Last email from them a week ago said wait for 20 business days and then let them know if nothing has arrived. Today (21 business days) tried to send another email but it bounces back as undeliverable. I have sent you a PM with details (copy of her emails to them.).
    Well, maybe we could use any help you can provide. Last email from them a week ago said wait for 20 business days and then let them know if nothing has arrived. Today (21 business days) tried to send another email but it bounces back as undeliverable. I have sent you a PM with details (copy of her emails to them.).

Don't worry Jeff, it will get fixed.. you have a PM... I apologize for any inconvenience.
  • Hey Graham, no reason for you to apologize, nothing to do with you but we do appreciate the help...... FYI as per my pm I just sent you, I did get a response from Ongame saying they were investigating. Let's see what happens...
  • So, did anyone sign up on AcedPoker? Will the forum still be affiliated? I'm thinking no but I'm not sure.
    Hey Jeff,

Graham any chance I will get my money back or transferred to another site?

I have been out of the loop and did not know the site was gone. I finally returned and the Chan link opened up pokerroom.com. I requested a "lost password" and was sent a new one (from P.R.) that did not work.
    When I emailed about this they asked me to send them gov't ID. When I questioned them on this their final reply was that my money is gone, so sorry.

If you follow the P.R. replys they do not really make sense to me. The first 2 replys are from P.R. the last two are from Bwin.com which does not include my comments and they do not address all of my questions.
    -First they give me a Temp password
    -Then they want me to send my ID
    -Then they tell me my email is not the original. (It is and I have the deposit confirmation)
    -Then they tell me they do not support Chan customers and I actually owe them money.

I was thinking of calling them until I found this thread and thought I would ask your advice.

wrote:
    Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:58:48 -0500 [01/28/2009 09:58:48 PM CST]
    To: [email]bill@[/email]
    Subject: Your temporary password

Here is your temporary password that you recently requested: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

All you have to do is follow this link and input the temporary password in the password field.

Login with temporary password
    Online Poker - Play Texas Holdem Poker Games at PokerRoom.com

Once you have logged in with this password you can then change it to something more suitable.

Regards,
    PokerRoom.com Support Team

wrote:
    Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:08:18 +0200 [01/29/2009 02:08:18 AM CST]
    To: bill@
    Subject: RE: Re: Your temporary password []
    Headers: Show All Headers
    Hi Mr. Wood,

Thank you for contacting support.

The account has been blocked because our system and Security Department routine checks.

This situation may be nothing, but we still have to investigate it manually.In order for us to resolve this matter for you, we need to verify the details on your account. In order to do this, please send us a copy of your government issued picture ID and a recent utility bill.

You may fax these documents to the following number: +46 8789 1223

If you do not have access to a fax machine, please send the documents to us as an attachment to an email. Please ensure that the images are clearly visible and that they are saved in JPEG format. You can email us at: support@pokerro

We kindly ask that you please have patience regarding this matter and we shall try to clear this matter as quickly as possible.

Should you have any further queries, please contact us again.

Regards,

Gareth

PokerRoom.com Support Team
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PokerRoom.com
    MEET THEM AND BEAT THEM
    Online Poker - Play Texas Hold'em poker online at PokerRoom.com
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PokerRoom.com acknowledges its commitment to responsible gaming.
    https://www.pokerroom.com/account/responsible-gaming/overview.html

On January 29, 2009 at 6:04 AM, [email]bill@.com[/email] wrote:

The temporary password keeps coming up as invalid?

Quoting support@pokerroom.com:

wrote:
    Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 12:21:21 +0000 [02/20/2009 06:21:21 AM CST]
    To: [email]bill@[/email]
    Reply-To: support.en.pokerroom_com@bwin.com
    Subject: Account Access

Dear Sir/Madam,Thank you for your recent e-mail. Unfortunately we are unable to discuss
    your account details with you due to privacy reasons. This is due to the fact that you
    have written to us using an e-mail address which is different to that on your account.
    Please login to your PokerRoom account and use the support query form from our site, or
    write to us using the e-mail address registered at your PokerRoom.com account. If this
    has changed, please update your account to reflect this. We look forward to your response
    so that we can help you with your query. Kind regards,Your PokerRoom.com Customer Service
    Team~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PokerRoom.comMEET THEM AND BEAT
    THEMhttp://www.pokerroom.com/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Fair, honest and secureDid
    wrote:
    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 12:13:45 +0000 [02/23/2009 06:13:45 AM CST]
    To: [email]bill[/email]
    Reply-To: support.en.pokerroom_com@bwin.com
    Subject: Account Access

Dear Sir/Madam,Thank you for your e-mail.We regret to inform you that ChanPoker is no
    longer one of our partners and we therefore offer no support for their players.Please
    note that all players will be informed in due time via e-mail on this situation.In
    addition, please note your account is blocked, there is also a chargeback balance of $100
    that would need to be settled.Unfortunately the unblocking of your account will not be
    considered for the above reasons.We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.Kind
    regards,Your PokerRoom.com Customer Service
    Team~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~PokerRoom.comMEET THEM AND BEAT
    THEMhttp://www.pokerroom.com/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Fair, honest and secureD .
  • Try downloading Aced Poker. (they took over all the chan accounts).. login there using your old Chan account username/password. The money might have been moved there. If not, let me know and I can inquire for you.
    Try downloading Aced Poker. (they took over all the chan accounts).. login there using your old Chan account username/password. The money might have been moved there. If not, let me know and I can inquire for you.

Done. My old account was there. I had no problem signing (esooool) in but my balance shows $0.

Thanks for your help.
  • You should be getting a PM about this. Did you do a chargeback though on your deposit?