Moose HA ha ha ha Sat. Sept. 13

$40 HA - PL Hold'em and PL OmahA Event
Sat. Sept. 13, 2008
Cambridge
RAKE FREE event.

$40 for 20000 chips. This is alternating rounds of NL Hold'em and PL Omaha (high).

Doors will open at 12:30 pm. Cards will be in the air at 1 pm. Expect an 8-10 hour day, with a 1 hr. dinner break built-in. You can go out to eat or you can bring something for the BBQ. BYOB, BYOS.

1. Moose
2. Mmoose
3. Wetts1012
4. Kristy_Sea
5. Hobbes
6. Waltsfriend
7. DataMn

30 Player tournament.

Payouts: TBA

.25/.50 NL $50 max, rake free side game

Comments

• :h:HA

Going to be in the Guelph area in the morning so if this is a go put me on the list.

Just to clarify - is the Holdem portion PL or NL?
  • Yeah PL holdem and PL Omaha hi
  • In, I just need to talk someone else into taking me...

Mark, Mario...want to have some sort of epic challenge where the loser has to stay sober and drive?
  • We both have a wedding that day darlin...

We can maybe look at you borrowing my car (and TomTom)

Mark
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    Need a TD??
    Best thing you've ever posted.. I lol'd.

Mark
  • 13CARDS wrote: »
    Need a TD??

That was sexy.
  • Sign me up.
    (Not very sexy response)
  • I hope this goes. Sign me up.
  • Sign me up too

Al
  • Damn you signing up while I was editing the sign-ups. lol. I was just thinking too bad Al hasn't signed up. He must be busy on Saturdays now. lolol.

It is a go now as long as people don't cancel.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    In, I just need to talk someone else into taking me...

Mark, Mario...want to have some sort of epic challenge where the loser has to stay sober and drive?

I can drive you to the game Kristy.
  • I can drive you to the game Kristy.

You always dooooo!!!!!!!!!!!1
    LOL
  • How are more people not signing up for this?!?!

Edit: I suspect they're too scared to play vs. me...
  • Don't forget my cards.
  • Please PM me the directions from 401 coming from the East when you get a chance.

Hope this is still a go!
  • Ya we're on and we are going to try rotating the game every 8 hands as practice for my HORSE event.
  • I am going grocery shopping tonight. Should I be picking up ingredients for broccoli salad or chocolate chip cookies?

P.S. Both are vegetarian Kristy.
  • Small package of raisins please. ;)
  • moose wrote: »
    Small package of raisins please. ;)
    I am assuming that means your vote is for the broccoli salad.
  • It was either put away the chips from mmoose's heads up game last night or get set up for Sat. Guess what won?

mmm 20k starting stacks...

P1000934.JPG

$140, 000

P1000938.JPG

Oversized chips rock

P1000945.JPG

P1000943.JPG
    How are more people not signing up for this?!?!

Edit: I suspect they're too scared to play vs. me...

I would have but I'm running a 1/2 cash game at my house that day. It has nothing to do with you.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I would have but I'm running a 1/2 cash game at my house that day. It has nothing to do with you.

admit it...you set up the cash game AFTER you found out I'd be attending.
  • Moose, do you have a revised schedule, i.e. does the poker timer thingy, tell you approximately how the long the tourney will last with only a single table?

Thanks,
    Tom
  • I suspect we will be done by dinner.
    admit it...you set up the cash game AFTER you found out I'd be attending.

I'd rather you and sandy were here :) Cuz I luvs boths of yous.
  • It was a really good game. Lots of huge pots and back and forth action.
    6. Hobbes, after it went 4 way limp, on the flop - pot, repot, call, allin, rerepot, allin, fold. Waltsfriend folded 3pr, mmoose was on a flush draw, I had bottom set and Hobbes top 2. mmoose got the flush and I eliminated Hobbes when the set held up.
    5. mmoose, kocked out by Al
    4. Waltsfriend, knocked out by Al who was early the very short stack and then slowly built a massive pile of chips.
    3. Wetts, it went pot, repot call, he had me covered by 400 chips. He held JJxx and I was doubled suited. I flopped the flush draw but a Q on the river gave me the highest pair crippling Wetts.

Heads up DataMn had me outchipped 2:1, 80k to 40k a lot of big pots again and big swings had me go down to <20k and then back to the chip lead. Then it was Al's turn to go to <20k and then double back up. Finally after >6 hrs of play we took a break, counted the chips and found that out of the 120,000 chips in play, Al had me outchipped by exactly 200 chips. We chopped.

GG everyone and thanks for coming.

It was good practice for the HORSE, two blind timers and rotating the game every 9 hands.
  • fun time.
    Thanks moose's