Super-wicked-movies

I'm unexpectedly stuck at home today and I can't think of anything I want to watch....

Any suggestions?

(I hate gore)

Comments

• What kind of movie are you up for?

-Cool: Batman: Dark night

-Deep: Matrix trilogy

-Woah: Ghost in the Shell (better drunk or otherwise mellowed)

-Damn: Shawshank Redemption

-OMG LOL: Bad Santa

-WTF LOL: Hot Fuzz (warning: touch of gore)
  • dammit I've seen all of those but 'woah' and I can't justify getting drunk alone at 1:37pm on a thursday
  • Harold and Kumar escape from Guantanamo
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    ... and I can't justify getting drunk alone at 1:37pm on a thursday

You troll internet forums begging people to update profiles and love flame wars... enough with the justification... Bottoms up, Cheers!
  • Kristy...

You should trust my movie tastes by now...

I say..... you should watch any of the following

Comedy
    Mystery Science Theatre 3000
    Little Miss Sunshine

Drama:
    Cidade da Deus (City of God)

Classic:
    Cool Hand Luke (it even has poker!)
    One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest
    EDIT: The Oxbow Incident

Action:
    Leon: The Professional
    LA Confidential

Weepy Chick Flick stuff
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Nostalgia:

Back to the Future
    Ghostbusters

These are just some suggestions that I've been pondering watching of late... pick and enjoy.

Mark
    P.S. When I typed "tastes", I typo'd testes..... and that made me giggle.
  • Best new(er) release I've watched lately was Gone Baby Gone (Go Affleck - the other one).
  • Recently caught "So I Married and Axe Murderer" on the tube - ROTFLMAO

Look at the sizzze of that bouys heed! It's like an orange on a toothpick.

Ohkay, we have a piper down, WE HAVE A PIPER DOWN!
  • The one that jumps out at me in the list that Mark wrote is The Professional. That is an awesome flick, one of my top 10 favs.

This looks like a nice heart warming feel good family flick:

YouTube - The Shining spoof
  • Can't agree more with So I Married an Axe Murderer, and the Professional is one of my all-time favourites.

One I saw recently that blew my mind is Hard Candy. Ellen Page before Juno.

EDIT : The Usual Suspects never gets old.
  • -True Romance - right up your alley: boy meets girl, boy kills girl's pimp, couple takes pimp's coke, and bad boys chase couple. And Elvis is their Guardian Angel....

- the recent Tarantino twin pack (Death Proof, Planet Terror)
  • (Death Proof, Planet Terror)

Death Proof's crash scene in slo-mo is the nuts.
    (I hate gore)

- the Notebook
  • From the lists above for great movies you might have missed:

Gone Baby Gone
    City of God
  • Children of Men is a good flick.

Atonement is decent, too.

If the movie place you use has classics rent El Cid. Three hours of swashing and buckling with a smoking hot Sophia Loren, and a studly looking Charlton Heston, if you like that sort of stuff.

Or you could just go and find Herbie the Love Bug (but it has to be the original).
  • You troll internet forums begging people to update profiles and love flame wars... enough with the justification... Bottoms up, Cheers!

First: I don't troll..I just say what I'm thinking in the most direct possible way.

Second: ***GASP*** you mean you actually figured out that after two years of membership and 2+posts/day, that I LIKE this forum and the members of it?

Bitch_Please543.jpg
  • Children of Men is a good flick.

+1, notice the last scene of the movie.. it's all one shot and runs for like 30 minutes.
    First: I don't troll..I just say what I'm thinking in the most direct possible way.

Second: ***GASP*** you mean you actually figured out that after two years of membership and 2+posts/day, that I LIKE this forum and the members of it?

Actually, I don't think your a troll... I was on the road and tried to come up with something witty to your OP... that said, this was the funniest troll post I've seen in a while!!

P.S. I never needed justification to get drunk alone, any time of the day!!
  • A few Great movies that should mess with your head a bit:

-Old Boy
    -Following
    -Dark City
  • Sooooo? What did we watch today? Bored minds want to know . . .
  • OUT - FUCKING - STANDING ! ! !

But then, I'm easily impressed. ^-^
  • May I also recommend adding I Am Legend to your list.
  • Everyone said that movie was crap, then I watched it and thought it was pretty good. Not sure if it was lowered expectations or what.
  • Bringing this back from the dead...

I watched No Country for Old Men again. The first time I saw it was on a plane and found it an entertaining action movie with some simple Texas drawl thrown in. I liked it.

When I watched it again though I loved it. What a great [EMAIL="f@#king"]f@#king[/EMAIL] movie. The difference this time was I listed to all the words that seemed to be just daydreams and chatter the first time. They weren't. Many of the conversations were extremely thoughtful and thought provoking. When Tommy Lee sat at the kitchen table at the end and told his wife about the two dreams he had it hit me head on hard. It changed me and I love movies and books that can do that.

10/10 I am going to have to go buy it now.

Also say Gone Baby Gone and enjoyed that as well... 8.5/10.
  • recently I saw Vantage Point; hated the previews at the theatre but the movie was actually really good.

btw, if you live in the GTA (HWY 7/Leslie area) and are looking for a great place to pick up DVDs for $3 each (PM for the details). They have all the new theatre releases as well but the quality isn't great but watchable. Anything that is out on DVD already is a perfect copy.
  • You can always pick-up burnt DVDs at Pacific Mall 10 for $20. Or there is TV Shack / tune in to watch them online.
  • Or you can buy a DVD player with DivX capabilities... download and burn 6 movies on a single dvd, for an average cost of less than 4 cents a movie... or so I've heard! ;)
  • Or you can buy a DVD player with DivX capabilities... download and burn 6 movies on a single dvd, for an average cost of less than 4 cents a movie... or so I've heard! ;)
    how long does it take to down load the movie?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    how long does it take to down load the movie?

Anywhere from 30mins up to hours depending on your connection speed... Maybe a few days with dial-up! ;)

Computers can do that?