Ufc 87

Who will win out of Jon Fitch and GSP?

and which will be the fight of the night?

Comments

• Huerta Florian will probably be fight of the year, never mind the night. The only way I see Fitch winning is if he can put GSP on his back and keep him there. Otherwise, I think GSP will TKO him in round 4, although a decision victory would not surprise me. If it goes to the judges, anything can happen, as we've seen often, lately.
  • I agree with Milo, Kenny Florian Vs. Roger Huerta will be the fight of the night! But I don't think it will go 4 rounds GSP TKO's Fitch 3rd round max.

Besides GSP's fight, I'm interested in the Lesnar match. I think he won't make the same mistake as he did with Frank Mir. He's got alot of potential in the heavyweight division.

If GSP wins tonight, there are plans of BJ Penn going up 15lbs to fight GSP in Montreal...probably UFC 91-92. Now thats a fight!

Spider goes back to 185 to fight Cote in UFC 90.
    Vera fights Jardine in 89. If he loses, he fights Kimbo in XC.
  • Penn will lose against GSP. Bj went down to 155 because he was too small and slow at every higher class. Speed kills, and GSP is MUCH faster than BJ. Silva will destroy Cote before Bruce Buffer is done with the intros. Wandi is the only hope in that stale division now, with Hendo getting an outside chance in my books. Vera may do okay as a light heavy, but I do not see him with the belt. Sadly, I DO see Machida getting it. He is a boring, boxing style of fighter. By that, I mean he fights to avoid the loss, rather than gain the victory. I hate that. That is why Clay Guida is one of my faves at the moment. He just does not quit. I predict a title for him at 155 within a year. Lesnar should win, and a convincing destruction of Herring will energizr the heavies, at last. I think he is not ready for Nogueira just yet, but in a year, with more BJJ defense training, I think he has a shot. Hell, Sylvia almost pulled it out, and his best moment was breaking Fedor's hand with his face.
  • I was surprised at how damn popular Penn is in Canada. Penn is 1 of my favourite fighters but I didn't expect so many Penn fans at a Cdn bar, especially when he challenged GSP.

Although GSP would be the favourite, Penn is the only 1 left who can give GSP a real test (unless GSP faced Anderson). Excellent boxing, takedown defense, & BJJ, Penn is truely 1 of the most talented all around fighters. Aside from GSP's loss to Hughes in their 1st bout, & the Serra loss, only Penn gave him a real test.
  • HP_John wrote: »
    I was surprised at how damn popular Penn is in Canada. Penn is 1 of my favourite fighters but I didn't expect so many Penn fans at a Cdn bar, especially when he challenged GSP.

Although GSP would be the favourite, Penn is the only 1 left who can give GSP a real test (unless GSP faced Anderson). Excellent boxing, takedown defense, & BJJ, Penn is truely 1 of the most talented all around fighters. Aside from GSP's loss to Hughes in their 1st bout, & the Serra loss, only Penn gave him a real test.

I'm a Penn fan too, this fight is rumoured to showcase in Montreal, if so, I'm buying tickets. In their first fight that resulted a decision win for St.Pierre, St.Pierre looked beat up and in a post interview he states Penn rock him with a right jab and he was seeing to Penns in front of him. I love the fact that Penn has fought from 155-185 range, although he lost to Machida at 185. Hes gonna have to watchout for St.Pierre's speed and takedown offense. As for Silva vs. GSP, Spider would destroy him hands down.
  • Looks like Penn and GSP is a go...Montreal?
  • Penn will be fighting GSP on Jan31 in Vegas at UFC 93. Should be a good one. Probably the same result as last time. GSP has gotten even better since the last time they fight and Penn is pretty much impossible to finish.