Underage play and punishment

I'm curious as to what sites' punishment like Stars and Cake Poker's punishment are for underage playing. I've read sort-of horror stories about money being confiscated by sites, but I've also heard of people getting off with no punishment after they fess up after turning their legal age.

I'm kind of scared of being permanently barred from Stars et al. for faking my details. I know there's special cases like Annette 15 getting away with it but I really don't know if those are special cases, or just the norm.

I'd also like to know, if there's no real punishment, whether you have to make a new account.

Anyone's experiences would be appreciated.

Comments

• a friend of a friend was killed by AP
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    a friend of a friend was killed by AP

LMAO... honestly they can't do more than confiscate the money. Chances of them finding out also are pretty unlikely. I think the only way they would ever find you was if you started winning a lot of huge tournaments. How are you managing to make deposits?
  • I did use Neteller before UIGEA and the SportingBets arrests thing. I usually use Paypal transfers to cash out some of my roll.

What I want to know is whether I can say to them "I played underage on this account but now I'm legal" without anything happening.
  • zoolook wrote: »
    I did use Neteller before UIGEA and the SportingBets arrests thing. I usually use Paypal transfers to cash out some of my roll.

What I want to know is whether I can say to them "I played underage on this account but now I'm legal" without anything happening.

Hmmm... that is kinda risky. What you could do is take all money out of the account, then tell them, but still seems kinda shady. I am not really sure what the best approach is here.
  • well i played underage on stars, but when i wanted to cash some money, i had to send them a copy of my passport for the wire transfer. they didnt seem to care at all
  • but i forgot to mention, but the time i was cashing out i was legal but when i started teh acouunt i wasnt
  • Im undaergage in my p«antg!

Pmaned!!!
  • Didn't Mike win the Paradise Million at 15 or something?
  • Let me get this straight -
    a) you faked your age but didn't bother to fake anything else so now you can't create a real account with your real address?
    b) you didn't get a real person you knew over the age of 18 and use their real name, birth date and address?
    c) you are related to hollywoodsKole?

In all seriousness when I registered at my first poker site, I was unsure of the security so I faked everything. Eventually I grew more confident and started playing for real money. Then when I realized I needed my real info to make a withdrawal I just went into my account info and changed everything, including my birthdate to my real info. No problems. Of course I was not underage at any point however.
  • zoolook wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what sites' punishment like Stars and Cake Poker's punishment are for underage playing. I've read sort-of horror stories about money being confiscated by sites, but I've also heard of people getting off with no punishment after they fess up after turning their legal age.

I'm kind of scared of being permanently barred from Stars et al. for faking my details. I know there's special cases like Annette 15 getting away with it but I really don't know if those are special cases, or just the norm.

I'd also like to know, if there's no real punishment, whether you have to make a new account.

Anyone's experiences would be appreciated.
    you can search this at 2+2
    i remember reading one, regarding to underage
    i forget which site. but they confiscate all the money.
  • moose wrote: »
    Let me get this straight -
    a) you faked your age but didn't bother to fake anything else so now you can't create a real account with your real address?
    b) you didn't get a real person you knew over the age of 18 and use their real name, birth date and address?
    c) you are related to hollywoodsKole?

In all seriousness when I registered at my first poker site, I was unsure of the security so I faked everything. Eventually I grew more confident and started playing for real money. Then when I realized I needed my real info to make a withdrawal I just went into my account info and changed everything, including my birthdate to my real info. No problems. Of course I was not underage at any point however.

confirm a

deny b, c

if I was smarter I would have used a parent's name or something!! too bad I'm a clown!
    you can search this at 2+2
    i remember reading one, regarding to underage
    i forget which site. but they confiscate all the money.

that was probably one of the stories I've read- wasn't that one of the shadier sites though?