the "SPIDER"!

is Anderson Silva unstoppable?

he made it clear that he wants to stay at 185 but there's so much more potential and better contenders at 205. Rampage, Chuck, Forrest, Jardine, Wanderlei, Rashad, etc. he looks great at 205 and seems to carry the weight fine after punishing the "Sandman" with right hand early first round knockout . he literally destroyed anyone at 185 and i don't see a future for him there, unless GSP or lets say Penn move up in weight. even as a loyal GSP fan, i don't think GSP can beat him.

With GSP, he's got alot of potential fighters at his class...Thiago Alves, Diego Sanchez, BJ Penn (can easily gain 15lbs), Koscheck II and his next fight with Fitch. He's good were he's at now with a list of fighters to fight.

Hopefully the Spider changes his mind and stays 205.

Comments

• Spider is good friends with Lyoto Michida. He does not want to fight his friend for the title at 205. Wandi has talked about dropping down to 185, and I still think Henderson has a better showing in him than the last one. GSP would do okay at 185. I think he might be faster than Silva, and I feel he has a better takedown defense, so I think it would be a VERY close match. Penn should stay at 155, imo. That is the most stacked division at the present time for the UFC.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Spider is good friends with Lyoto Michida. He does not want to fight his friend for the title at 205. Wandi has talked about dropping down to 185, and I still think Henderson has a better showing in him than the last one. GSP would do okay at 185. I think he might be faster than Silva, and I feel he has a better takedown defense, so I think it would be a VERY close match. Penn should stay at 155, imo. That is the most stacked division at the present time for the UFC.

"He does not want to fight his friend for the title at 205"...Griffen is the current 205 champ. Although Machida is undefeated, I don't think he's a great fighter. He would lose to the other 205 top contenders such as Rampage, Forrest or Lidell. His last match with Ortiz was booooooring and couldn't finish him off, not to mention Ortiz almost had him in the last seconds.

"GSP would do okay at 185"...I agree JUST OKAY, but he wouldn't perform as good at 170?

"I think he might be faster than Silva, and I feel he has a better takedown defense"
    At 170 he's slightly faster than Silva, at 185 he would be slower..Silva's head movement is unmatched and is overall movement is smoother. a better takedown defense? hmmmm get close enough to Silva, you'll be vunerable to his clinch and Muay-Thai knees.

Unlike BJ Penn who is phenomenal fighting on his back, I think GSP is vunerable in this position. GSP strengths are offensive with his quick strikes, offensive takedowns, wrestling and submissions. I also agree that he has an excellent takedown defense since he really never been on his back accept with his first fight against Hughes and his shocking defeat against Serra.

GSP vs. SILVA?

GSP has excellent standup, but Silva's overall movement is better.
    GSP has excellent subs, but Silva's subs are better.
    GSP has excellent striking skills, but Silva is more accurate and has KO power.
    GSP is strong, but Silva is stronger (Rich franklin is stronger than GSP and he got schooled).

I would cheer on GSP but the odds are in favour of Silva. Can GSP perform as well at 185?...I don't think GSP could push Rich franklin around like Silva did. GSP's best tactic would be to takedown Silva and keep him from taking it to a standup match but can he finish and submit him is questionable. Standup, Anderson will KO GSP.

One thing is for sure, it would be Anderson's toughest fight, GSP's greatest test and it would be an all out war! What a dream match this would be.