Toronto Poker Tour Event #2

Well I think event #1 went well with a good turnout of 41 players. Check out the winners and player point board at http://ca.geocities.com/torontopoker/home.html
Event #2 will be held on Saturday October 30th. Probably same location. New players are welcome.
So here's a poll that will run until Friday October 29th. Which game do you want to play for Event # 2. Registration is open to 40 players. Players who have aready played in a game can email me now to register. New players will get a chance to register Friday October 22 up until the 29th or we're full. Post any questions.

Comments

• we are not gonna do texas holdem??
    wtf is pineapple??
  • Facecard99 wrote:
    we are not gonna do texas holdem??
    wtf is pineapple??
    TPT club will be hosting different Poker tournaments each week. Pineapple is sort of like Holdem except you get 3 cards instead of 2, and but you have to discard 1 card before the flop comes.
  • Also,
    I was wondering how each game would be played?
    Ie Limit, NL, PL?

thanks
  • Tilter wrote:
    Facecard99 wrote:
    we are not gonna do texas holdem??
    wtf is pineapple??
    TPT club will be hosting different Poker tournaments each week. Pineapple is sort of like Holdem except you get 3 cards instead of 2, and but you have to discard 1 card before the flop comes.

you can play it at UB
  • All games would be no limit except 7 card stud which would be fixed
  • I'm no good at Omaha - so Omaha.

Same location on the 30th? It was premium.
  • I guess 7 stud. Actually if you had 7 stud hi/lo that's what I'd really want to see.
  • Im hoping for either Omaha or Pineapple (Its just like holdem). Also, would Omaha be HILO or Just HI?
  • I want to keep the games to just hi because too many people have never really played before. Then theres the splitting of the pots, and so on.
  • I guess I can see how that makes sense. It's hard enough to follow the action when you are new to a game and dealing will make it that much harder.
  • This looks great. This is my first time on this forum and I'm glad to see low limit tournaments in Toronto :canada: - a good chance to get some B&M experience beyond my regular game.

What is the blind schedule like? What time are the games expected to end? Is the location downtown/on the subway line?

I'd love to play NL Holdem, PLO, PLO8, 7-Stud, 7-Stud high/low, and even some of the lowball games.
  • Phil,
    Are we ever going to try a Fixed Limit game (ie Holdem FL)?
  • are we goin to play razzz???
    i bet alot of people would like that game :D
  • I'd love to play Razz. Seems like a fun game!
  • Any updates? Also, about how many players are down for Saturday?
  • Razz is not fun. Ask any pro...even the guys with Razz bracelets. They HATE it. I hate it. It sucks.
  • bump. Has anyone heard anything?
  • I have to appologize for the delay, I've had to cancel this weekend brcause of family emergency. I'll keep all posted
  • bump. Are we ever going to hear of this again?