Various Forms of Stalling - Any Valid?

I think we would all agree that a player timing out every hand is an issue, but what about using your time back selectively to avoid or create certain scenarios such as the following:

- Using it so that you get to the next blind level which will force the next player to go all in on his BB, or using it to force a player on your right to be all in so that if he gets eliminated you miss your BB (at least on Stars that works, not on Crypto)

- Using the time clock to stall a couple hands just before the bubble if your stack is soso and would be pressured by people who think you are trying to bubble (even if that is not your goal). Basically slowing the game for a few hands so that on your BB the bubble is no longer an issue.

- Stalling to help a short stack at the table make a bubble. Collusion or a nice gesture (which of course if it works hurts someone else).

- Stalling because you notice you are on the bubble of the next prize level, so you wait till someone else gets knocked out before going all in (assuming that was going to be your play the whole time anyways).

I think it would be generally accepted that using one's time clock for a single hand for any of these purposes is valid as that is what the time clock is for, but how about if it requires 2-4 hands of stall to make any of the above happen.

Comments

• I got headsup in a online tourney & the other guy literally stalled to the last second every hand (he had a big chip lead & wanted the blinds to go up). Bad etiquette IMO, live I'd have the option of calling time on him & getting a TD to warn him not to stall every single hand.
  • I don't know...
    I play online cuz it's fast. I can see where you're coming from but when the whole goddamn table is using time 1000 players from the bubble in the sunday hundred grand... OH MY GOD.

It gets wayyyy out of hand most of the time and annoys me the most, I don't want to cash I wanna see the next hand to try and double up and have a chance to win, who the hell cares for 25$ ?!?

Time should be used when you have a tough decision to make not to stall the game of purpose.
  • I like it, gives me more time to chirp to a captive audience. ;)